An old friend....

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

An old friend....

Post by cmgee67 »

Through my carry career thus far I have personally carried 6 different Guns. I started with my glock 19 gen 3 in a crossbreed superctuck and i have carried off and on a Glock 43, 26,30, and Kahr pm9 and for the last month my favorite pistol the sig p226. Today I woke up and decided let's get the 19 out of the safe. Her finish is worn to the metal in various places, the grip i stippled has dirt in it, my Dawson precision metal sights have their finish worn and a speck of rust on the rear sight from touching my body but she was there the day I was attacked by a pit bull, she was there the day i proposed to my lovely wife, she was there the day my nephew was born well that time she was in the car because of the posted signs at the hospital but nonetheless she has was there. And even though it is not as comfortable or have the ergos as my sig I will never get rid of her. She started my obsession with pistols and has had my back in countless places and situations and has never failed me. I trust this worn ole gun. So today when I put her in the holster again it was like seeing an old friend you haven't seen in a while and hot apple pie all in one. What's your "goin home" gun?

Lena
Posts in topic: 1

Re: An old friend....

Post by Lena »

Hard one to answer here, 3 that would qualify, I guess my Colt General Officers 45 (not officers model) or my dad's Swenson 1911
probably the main one would be my 2nd gen Glock 32 357 SIG it goes everywhere with me. Yup the 32 wins.
Stay Safe

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

It's a toss up between my Glock 26 with wore out finish and my g23 with storm lake 357sig barrel. Those two have been with me for a long time.

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

I have carried a few guns since getting my license, but they don't hold much sentimental value to me. They are simply tools. The one I cherish and will not sell is my Ruger Vaquero in 45 Colt. Long barrel, stainless, and rosewood grips I put on it myself. That one's my baby.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Mine is my stainless Ruger 95. I don't carry it much these days, but I still take it with me on occasion. It is old reliable and trustworthy and happens to be the gun I shoot best. It's not fancy and not pretty but she always feels good strapped to my side and in hand.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Lena wrote:Hard one to answer here, 3 that would qualify, I guess my Colt General Officers 45 (not officers model) or my dad's Swenson 1911
probably the main one would be my 2nd gen Glock 32 357 SIG it goes everywhere with me. Yup the 32 wins.
Wow! You carry the M15!? Who was it issued to? Pictures, Please!
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Does the Colt Commander I stupidly sold 20 yrs ago, and still regret, count?
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

karder

Post by karder »

I bought a Colt Officers 1911 as a young fellow. I grew up a country kid and had a couple of rifles and a shotgun, but never saw much use for handguns so I was late to the game. I didn't know a darn thing about them and the guy at the gun counter was trying to get me to bite on a Taurus. I can't remember much about it other than it struck me as kind of odd looking, although the dealer was raving about how it was the newest, hottest technology. I had never heard of Taurus but everyone I knew growing up carried Colt revolvers, so I stuck with the known entity. It was my only handgun for many years. It still shoots beautifully. The only thing I have ever done is swap out the worn out factory mag for Wilson Combat. I don't carry her too often anymore just because I have so many options, but she has never let me down. Maybe I'll pack her tomorrow for old times sake.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Mine is a Springfield 1911, traded even for it with a S&W 686 about 20 years ago.
My 1911 has had lots of work on it, done by Art Enterprises in Austin TX in 1995, shoots like a dream.
Not sure if Art is till around anymore, maybe someone can let me know.

Always favored the 1911, had to qualify with a 1911 and carry it while I drove M60 tanks back in the day.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Mine is the same as you. A Glock 19. It wasn't the first gun I ever owned, but I have had it ever since I have had my CHL. I bought the G19 a couple months before taking the class, qualified with it, and it was the only gun I carried for about a year after that. It sits in my safe now. I should sell it since I hardly ever use it, but I don't know that I could ever bring myself to do that.

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cmgee67 »

I bought mine a couple of months before my class as well and qualified with it. I could never bring myself to sell mine it means to much to me. I have even thought about buying another one day just to have as an extra. There's no harm in that is there?

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

My "going home gun" would have to be my Smith and Wesson 28 .357 I bought new in the late 70's. It's probably fired 5,000 rounds but it is still solid and tight. I am also very partial to a 5" Colt 1911. Both fit my hand lake the warm handshake of an old friend.
Last edited by Lynyrd on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”