Cold blue?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 2

Cold blue?

Post by dws1117 »

Anyone have a reccomendation on which cold blue is good or even works?
Have a few guns that could use some touch up. The birchwood Casey stuff didn't work, and I did follow the directions. I have heard the the Oxpho Blue from Brownells works. does anyone have any experence using that product?

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Brownell's Oxypho Blue is an excellent product I have been using it for about 20 years. Another good cold blue is Blue Wonder made in Houston. I haven't used thier bluing product but, a friend has used it, he used to swear by Oxypho Blue but has since switched. Blue Wondet has several other products that are quite innovative - - - a gun cleaner that is awesome and some environmentaly friendly lubes that actually work as promised.

thier URL is: http://www.bluewonder.us/
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

one eyed fatman
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by one eyed fatman »

I watched the video on Blue Wonder gun blueing. It was a pretty good sales pitch and demo. MoJo, did your friend do a complete strip and reblue?

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

one eyed fatman wrote:I watched the video on Blue Wonder gun blueing. It was a pretty good sales pitch and demo. MoJo, did your friend do a complete strip and reblue?
Yes he did, and it looked as good or better than most factory blue jobs that are coming out these days. BW says it's a viable alternative to hot bluing.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Warhorse545
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Warhorse545 »

I have had good luck with Brownell's 44/40 instant blue.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ ... LUE&s=3973

I have used blue wonder's cleaner and it does a very good job cleaning. If the gun blue is as good as their cleaner I would be very happy indeed.

Stacey
TSRA Life Member

BPNovum

Happy New Year!

Post by BPNovum »

My ears were burning, so I thought I would poke my head in and say hello! I would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have. Other than that I will try to keep any sales hype to a minimum and just see what I can learn on this forum.

We are, as mentioned a Texas company and nearly everyone in our company has a Texas CHL. This forum will be of great interest to us all. It looks like a great place to help keep an eye on that legislative group that will be meeting in Austin later this year!

Happy New Year!

Topic author
dws1117

Howdy BPNovum,

Post by dws1117 »

and welcome aboard. It is always nice to have some industry representation.

What types of products can we expect to see from Novum in the future?

Also, has your marketing strategy changed in recent times? I used to see your products, either as a counter display or on shelves, in every local gun and sporting goods store. I am not seeing it as much. It would also seem thay you have very little or no representation at local gun shows. Maybe you are there and I am just not seeing you. I hope that business is thriving.

We wil gladly accept free sample of any of you current or future products to ummm test them for you. Yeah, that it..test them. :D

one eyed fatman
Banned

Re: Happy New Year!

How's your gun blueing hold up against a everyday carry Kydex holster?

one eyed fatman
Banned

I'm sad, BPNovum forgot about us. :cry:

BPNovum

Road Warrior returns!

Post by BPNovum »

Hey guys,

I didn't forget about you! Between the holidays and three distributor shows and signing a master distributor agreement with Armor Accessories to be the new sales and marketing arm for Blue Wonder Gun Care Products, I just got back in town... life is good!

As for the open question on the floor about product durability.... Blue Wonder Gun Blue will provide as close to a factory finish as you can get without firing up hot blue tanks. It will wear, as does any factory finish, but the durability is far superior to ANY other "cold blue" product on the market. We have gun manufacturers who use this product on a regular basis for touch up work and even complete firearm bluing processes on custom guns.

Sorry about the delay in answering your question. I will be in town until the 26th when I head out for SHOT SHOW. Talk to you more as we go.

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

I read this post and bought some Blue Wonder Gun Cleaner. I have to say I am very impressed.

I have a Kimber that I use to shoot 200 gr LSWC. I have had a bunch of lead at the end of the chamber/start of the rifling (spelling ?) and it would never come out.

Used the Blue Wonder (as directed by the instructions) and the lead is gone.

It is a great product, I will get more when this runs out w/o hesitation.

(By the way, I'm not related to the company, have no involvement, blah, blah, blah...)
Glenn

dutchman

Post by dutchman »

I have been using Brownell's Oxpho blue for many years. (since the '60's)In 1998, I finally got around to blueing a complete 1911. I loved the results, BUT
it wears quite fast. I use the OM Colt for carry quite a bit and it holster wears real fast. It sure is good for touch-ups.
dutchman
It seems that the older I get, the better I used to be.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”