Men it finally happened!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Men it finally happened!

Post by cmgee67 »

I have been teaching my wife how to shoot and taking her for the last year or so and she has enjoyed it but never really got into it. She has been wanting a gun of her own and while she likes my glock 19 she loves revolvers. So after doing some research and poking around I came across a good deal on a Taurus model 85 in 38spl. She was so execited Sunday morning on Christmas when she opened it and had her very own gun! We took it out yesterday for its maiden voyage and it performed flawlessly. Very very accurate and the recoil was not to bad. She was putting them in a tight group at 7-10 yards then moved on to some of my steel targets and was ringing them suckers. We got home and she told me something was wrong with her gun and she said the problem is it has black grips and it needs some color so she picked out some hogue purple grips last night on amazon and they should be here in a week or so. Now she is wanting to take her LTC! She said she's not ready to carry all the time but wants her license when she is. Baby steps fellas. Proud husband here! Hope you all had a very merry Christmas and stay safe this next year!

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Men it finally happened!

Post by Jusme »

:hurry: :hurry: :hurry:

Great news cmgee!!

I have been pushing Mrs. Jusme to get her LTC even offered to pay for the class as a Christmas present but she keeps putting it off. She enjoys shooting and has her own M&P 9 full size which she really likes.

Great to hear your wife is joining the ranks. :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Woohoo! :anamatedbanana
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

Awesome! :fire

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Looks like your best Christmas present didn't come in wrapping paper.

Congratulations to you both!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

That is excellent!

I am not quite there yet, but after years of me shooting, my Spousal Unit has told me "I want to get my LTC."
After I checked her over for a head injury, I was in shock.
This from the woman that does not like loud noises (ie shooting, gun ranges, etc)
But she want to learn!

Woot!

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

yahooo!

another lady shooter!!! and a purple gun!!!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Great news.

Unless things have changed, make sure she does her LTC qualification with a semi-auto so she doesn't get a restricted license.

Also, what is the deal with women and revolvers? Pretty much every one of the women I have known have preferred revolvers. The latest being my 16 year old daughter who said that she liked my SP 101 better than my X5....

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Unless things have changed, make sure she does her LTC qualification with a semi-auto so she doesn't get a restricted license.

Also, what is the deal with women and revolvers? Pretty much every one of the women I have known have preferred revolvers. The latest being my 16 year old daughter who said that she liked my SP 101 better than my X5....
They don't discriminate between revolvers and Semiautomatics any more.
I've wondered the same thing, I think the thing with the ladies and revolvers is that the revolvers tend to fit smaller hands better. The grip being curved and tend to be not so fat.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

She is going to take the class with my G19 unless she tells me she wants to use her gun. Either is fine with me I am just tickled she is doing it!

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

Buy her another gun or maybe 5-6, aren't presents great!!!

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I'll be in trouble if she starts enjoying it as much as I do!! :fire

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”