EyePro At The Range: It’s Not A Vague Suggestion

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

threoh8
Posts in topic: 1

Re: EyePro At The Range: It’s Not A Vague Suggestion

Post by threoh8 »

Pawpaw wrote:For those of us who choose to enhance our eyesight instead of bumping into walls...

HySkore Over the Glasses Safety Glasses Set

These have worked very well for me. For the price, you get two pair of ANSI Z87.11 rated, anti-fog treated glasses. One pair is clear and one is mirror tinted for bright sunlight.

They do make you look a bit bug eyed, but I like that much better than the pirate eye-patch look.
That looks like a useful set for a good price.

Note: I believe the reference to "ANSI Z87.11" in the Midway ad is a typo. ANSI (or ANSI/ISEA) Z87.1 is the standard. ANSI Z87.1+ markings indicate impact rating for non-prescription safety glasses. Prescription safety glasses with impact rating are marked Z87.2+ on the frames, and have a manufacturers logo and a "+" on the lens.

I wear prescription safety glasses (ANSI Z87.2+) with integral side shields at work, when shooting, and when doing things around the house that might be dangerous to my eyes (mowing, working with fiddly springs, cutting onions ...). Goggles and face shields add to the protection for grinding and the like.

I've had eye surgery. I really don't want to have any more.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pawpaw »

threoh8 wrote:Note: I believe the reference to "ANSI Z87.11" in the Midway ad is a typo. ANSI (or ANSI/ISEA) Z87.1 is the standard. ANSI Z87.1+ markings indicate impact rating for non-prescription safety glasses. Prescription safety glasses with impact rating are marked Z87.2+ on the frames, and have a manufacturers logo and a "+" on the lens.
Why would it be incorrect? These are non-prescription safety glasses. That they're meant to be worn over prescription shouldn't make any difference. :headscratch

Edit: I did some searching and find quite a few safety glasses that say they are "ANSI Z87.11-2003". Since the standards were updated in 2010 and again in 2015, I have not been able to determine what the old ".11" standard meant. Everything I can find says they're still safe to use. In my experience, ANSI is a lot like the government in that they frequently change things just for the sake of change. I guess they think it keeps them relevant.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 1

Post by E.Marquez »

This is one of my soldiers, first tour in Iraq, in the resort area known as the triangle of death aka mahmudiyah iraq
aco 2-5 cav.jpg
This is some bloke at an airsoft range in the uk
airsoft.jpg
point is its not just glasses, its eye protection
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

E.Marquez wrote:This is one of my soldiers, first tour in Iraq, in the resort area known as the triangle of death aka mahmudiyah iraq
aco 2-5 cav.jpg
This is some bloke at an airsoft range in the uk
airsoft.jpg
point is its not just glasses, its eye protection
Uh..I want what the soldier is wearing not the airsoft guy.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”