Attempted robbery at Dixie Gun and Pawn: 1911 saves the day!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Attempted robbery at Dixie Gun and Pawn: 1911 saves the day!

Post by mojo84 »

crazy2medic wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Was it the inanimate object called a 1911 that saved the day or was it the person using the inanimate tool that saved it? :mrgreen:
Both! The synergy of a combat effective pistol and caliber wielded by a man that knows what he's doing!
I think you missed the spirit in which my comment was made. Did you not see the first post and the green smiley face I included?

Every thread doesn't have to lead to a serioys debate or argument.
Wow, was not intended to cause a serious debate or argument!
My apologies. I guess it's common to answer a rhetorical question that's intended as a joke in your neck of the woods.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nightmare69 »

If he would hadn't run out of ammo he may have gotten the second guy also. Just goes to show you the 45 or die guys never think they will miss to justify having only 6rds.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pawpaw »

nightmare69 wrote:If he would hadn't run out of ammo he may have gotten the second guy also. Just goes to show you the 45 or die guys never think they will miss to justify having only 6rds.
Interesting conclusion, especially since it's easy to see his slide never locked back, which it would if he ran out of ammo. How did you deduce that?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nightmare69 »

Pawpaw wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:If he would hadn't run out of ammo he may have gotten the second guy also. Just goes to show you the 45 or die guys never think they will miss to justify having only 6rds.
Interesting conclusion, especially since it's easy to see his slide never locked back, which it would if he ran out of ammo. How did you deduce that?
#sarcasm
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

jason812
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jason812 »

Pawpaw wrote:
Around the 14-15 second mark it looks like he could possibly be reloading.

If he didn't reload, maybe he does have a 9mm 1911 :eek6 I'm not a 1911 guy but isn't that sacrilegious?

What if he was one of us fellow confused caliber identifiers and had a .40? Would it be the proof of how good the .40 is? Dropped the guy on one shot and didn't need to reload... "rlol"
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pawpaw »

nightmare69 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
#sarcasm
Now see, that's why we need a sarcasm font! ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

jason812 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

If he didn't reload, maybe he does have a 9mm 1911 :eek6 I'm not a 1911 guy but isn't that sacrilegious?

What if he was one of us fellow confused caliber identifiers and had a .40? Would it be the proof of how good the .40 is? Dropped the guy on one shot and didn't need to reload... "rlol"
Double stack 1911 pistols in 9mm are best guns for competition. Have you heard of STI? or SVI?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Beiruty wrote:
jason812 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

Double stack 1911 pistols in 9mm are best guns for competition. Have you heard of STI? or SVI?
I've been inside STI's machine shop. We need a sarcasm font for sure.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

bnc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bnc »

MAKE 45ACP
GREAT AGAIN

;-)

HKMike

Post by HKMike »

The AP actually ran this story on their U.S. News section. (No anti-gun commentary or snowflake thoughts for the dead perpetrator) Couldn't believe my eyes.https://apnews.com/d7fa7edc04904cc7a967 ... ry-suspect

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
canvasbck wrote:Look at all the smoke, was he using Wolf ammo??
I was wondering if he was shooting cast bullets!

Chas.
It was one of those black powder 1911s, from back when the 1911 was invented...
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

The video was removed and the account terminated. :totap:
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

johncanfield wrote:The video was removed and the account terminated. :totap:
I replaced it with another video from YouTube. The account must have been deleted for some reason other than the video itself.

Thanks for pointing this out.
Chas.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Shot placement is everything, with any caliber.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”