S&W M&P M2.0 9mm Range Report

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

S&W M&P M2.0 9mm Range Report

Post by bblhd672 »

Took my new M&P 2.0 FDE 5" barrel model to the range on Saturday. Love it! The difference in recoil between a full size 9mm and my Shield is fantastic.

Shot qty 4 17 round mags of Remington UMC to start, no ammo issues. After first few shots getting used to the trigger pull and recoil, I was able to start making a big hole in center target at 5, 7 and 10 feet. Switched ammo to Winchester USA Forged steel case and shot about 40 rounds - had one failure to feed, but still hitting center of target. Next ammo up was Winchester USA brass case in a 100 pack- shot about 50 rounds - had one misfire, but accuracy was still good. Switch to Blazer Brass and had no issues. All bullets were 115grain.

Overall I am thrilled with my purchase of this gun. The trigger is very smooth and it shoots very accurately. Much easier to shoot this full size than the Shield. Looking forward to S&W releasing a M2.0 Compact model!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: S&W M&P M2.0 9mm Range Report

Post by puma guy »

Thank you for the report. Can you offer details on the misfire?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

puma guy wrote:Thank you for the report. Can you offer details on the misfire?
Nice dimple on the primer - no bang.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

bblhd672 wrote:
Curious if you retried it.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmgee67 »

Glad to hear a decent report. I held one of these at a gun show last week and it felt good but is the trigger better than the original? I really want to like the m&p series of pistols but the trigger and the fact that every time I have used one I have had several FTF and FTE's and that was in a clean lubed gun. That why I stick with glock. 2k through my 19 and not any issue ever. But I love the looks of the M&p and the colors and the way they feel in hand but just can't get over my hiccups I've had with them

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

puma guy wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Curious if you retried it.
Yes - same result.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

cmgee67 wrote:Glad to hear a decent report. I held one of these at a gun show last week and it felt good but is the trigger better than the original? I really want to like the m&p series of pistols but the trigger and the fact that every time I have used one I have had several FTF and FTE's and that was in a clean lubed gun. That why I stick with glock. 2k through my 19 and not any issue ever. But I love the looks of the M&p and the colors and the way they feel in hand but just can't get over my hiccups I've had with them
I don't have any experience with the 1.0 trigger so can't compare. However, on the Smith-Wesson forum people who have shot both say the M2.0 trigger is better than the original.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Used my M2.0 at handgun class yesterday- put approximately 500 rounds through it with zero malfunctions.

Both instructors shot it and said it was great improvement over the model 1 M&P.

Only issue I experienced was accidentally engaging the manual safety when drawing or holstering. The safety detents could be a bit deeper. I may end up removing the manual safety as many on the SW forums recommend.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bitter Clinger »

cmgee67 wrote:Glad to hear a decent report. I held one of these at a gun show last week and it felt good but is the trigger better than the original? I really want to like the m&p series of pistols but the trigger and the fact that every time I have used one I have had several FTF and FTE's and that was in a clean lubed gun.
That why I stick with glock.
2k through my 19 and not any issue ever. But I love the looks of the M&p and the colors and the way they feel in hand but just can't get over my hiccups I've had with them
Really? I hope that Glock comment was tongue in cheek? Cause it sure lacks any data to back it up!

YMMV, but I was on the same range, shooting the same course of fire as the OP, and running CCI Blazer Brass through a couple of Glock 19's.

I had several FTF's as a function of hard primers, some of which would function when I tried them a second time, and some that simply would not. I also noticed (anecdotally) that the lot of CCI Blazer that I was running also seemed "dirtier" than prior lots.

So the OP had no problem with Blazer in his S&W, I had a more than the usual amount of FTF's with Blazer in my Glocks. Is the gun, or the ammo? What's in your magazine? :waiting:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”