Lever Action Rifle Caliber?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Lever Action Rifle Caliber?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

carlson1 wrote:
E10 wrote:I have a Japanese (Miroku) Winchester 1892 short rifle in .357 Magnum that is an absolute joy to shoot. Very versatile - .38 Specials for plinking, +P for a little more punch, all the way up to full-power .357 180 or 200-grain cannonballs for serious work. It can share ammo with my Ruger .357 revolvers - don't have to think about another caliber. Miroku makes them under license from Winchester and does a very nice job. Walnut stock, clean blue finish, very smooth action - everything you'd expect from a Winchester product. It wasn't cheap, but to me worth the price.
This is why I am leaning towards the .38/.357. Looking at the Henry Repeating Arms Big Boy Carbine Blued / Brass / Wood .357 Mag 16.5-inch 7Rd.
https://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/henr ... y-carbine/
Henry 357.jpg
Well, if we can get to the range soon to let you shoot my .30-30, I'll bring along my Henry .22 also, then you can see the Henry quality, which is impressive.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Lever Action Rifle Caliber?

Post by carlson1 »

Sounds great TAM. Just let me know.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”