Gentlemen... Ladies be careful out there

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Gentlemen... Ladies be careful out there

Post by cmgee67 »

I would like to remind you to be careful out in this world. Be mindful of the evil people who wish to do you harm. Be watchful and be smart. Also remember to smile. You never know if your kindness and smile may be the difference in somebody's life. That can be the best ammo you could ever use. I was reminded of that church shooting a couple years back where the kid ran in during a service and shot up a bunch of people and after the fact the pastors kid said his dad was a cool holder and decided to leave his gun in the car that time which he never does. Folks that one time we get lazy or don't think we need it could be the time when the poo poo hits the fan. Remember carrying a gun isn't about being comfortable it's about being prepared. I have found myself several times thinking man this gun is a boat anchor!!!!!!! I'm just running to dollar tree I won't need it but that's when I stop and think to myself wait... what if this is that time.... I pray I never have to use my gun but for range time but I also know I need to be ready for whatever reason. Stay safe y'all.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gentlemen... Ladies be careful out there

Post by carlson1 »

Thanks for the GREAT reminder cmgee67.

I try to live by, "if someone doesn't have a smile give them one."

I have to make myself to do a daily check up every morning. I do not walk out of my front door that I do not have my wallet, keys, and pistol. I do not even open the door without being ready for whatever is out there. This world is cruel, vicious, and deteriorating before our very eyes.

Not my words, but they are definitely timely...
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I know of several times a simple, "Hi! How are you doing?", diffused a situation that could've been bad. It even prevented me being robbed at least once.

Carrying a gun is not supposed to be comfort-able, it's supposed to be comfort-ing. :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Thanks for the reminder!

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Great post cmgee!!

An armed society is a polite society. I make sure to always be friendly towards others, it just prevents confrontations. It's hard to be mad at at someone who smiles and tells you to have a good day, opens the door for you, allows you to move in front of them in traffic, or in line at a store. Additionally, friendliness, and politeness, don't cost anything.

If I am OC, and I do all of the things mentioned above, it gives people a chance to see that I am not a raving lunatic, gun waving, fanatic, that they need to fear.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cmgee67 »

This is all so very true. Also prayers for the Little Elm PD and the officers family. This is goin to be a tough time for them. It's also another reminder we don't know when God is gonna call us home so we need to be ready in our hearts and minds so when he calls us we can go to be with Him.

On this rainy dreary Wednesday remember you are one of a kind and I'm sure our wives attest to that lol. And and one more thing don't leave that house without THAT gun!

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The wolf is always at the door
- Don Henley
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Nano

Post by Nano »

Thanks cmgee67 so much for the reminder. I am in total agreement with you and carry my gun every where I go where it is legal. This is out of an abundance of caution because of the times that we live in. I don't ever expect to have to use it but I am prepared physically and mentally if the need arises.
Unfortunately, though my wife has her LTC, I can't get her to share the same concern. Very rarely will she take her LCP which she shoots very well.
NRA Member

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I agree with always being armed (where legal). I figured out that I most typically broke this rule when I was driving home from work (where guns are verboten by company policy), and needed to run into a store for something. The problem is that all of my holsters required me to unfasten my belt and re-dress around it. Or I could wear an IWB holster but that may not even work with the slacks I wear to work (not enough room), and it was uncomfortable, etc.

My solution was to get a "snap over" holster that is very easy to put on and take off. I can even do it while seated in the car. Then I also started putting a J frame revolver in a pocket holster in the door space next to me. I can VERY easily grab that and slide it into my pocket as I am exiting the vehicle. I have found that with this combination, I pretty much never am unarmed. And that is a very good thing.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Personal Protection Matrix -- Mindset, Tool set and Skillset

Mindset -- Recognize that evil exists in the world and may pose an existential threat at any time, most likely in the form of another human being who wants to do serious harm to you. Value your life as much as anyone else's and prepare to defend your life as you would a loved one's life. Be aware of your surroundings and constantly assess everything (and everyone) around you for potential threats. Be at home in your environment -- essentially non-descript, benign or even helpful to others around you when possible. As one of my instructors once said, "ALWAYS be professional and courteous with everyone you meet -- and have a plan to kill them." The plan should be ever-evolving and executed ONLY if the subject proves to be a very serious threat, of course. To try and have a truly effective plan, we have to consider the other two components of the matrix.

Tool Set -- What tools can you bring to bear in any given situation? Do you have ready transportation to remove yourself from the immediate surroundings? What do you carry on your person? How far are you from something you could use to enhance your ability to do damage to something or someone (edged and/or penetrating tools, firearm + extra ammo, belt, something you could use as an impact tool)? What is in your environment that could possibly be used to limit you being targeted or to limit damage to yourself (think concealment and cover)? Do you have cell phone for ready communications? Do you have a trauma kit handy in case you desperately need something it contains?

Skillset -- What skills do you have that may prove useful? Can you actually be professional and courteous with practically everyone you might meet? Are there inter-personal skills you can work on to improve this ability? Can you walk, run, drive, ride a motorcycle/bike, etc... to get away if the need arises? What skills do you have that might help you be at home in your surroundings? Do you practice active awareness of your situation/surroundings? What skills do you possess that might allow you to stop a threat -- perhaps terminally? Do you have training in hand-to-hand combat? using edged and impact weapons? using firearms under stress? What is the level of this training and how often do you train (some of these skills are somewhat perishable). Are you trained in treating traumatic injury in case you need to treat yourself or a loved one, and how recent is that training?
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

rotor

Post by rotor »

I grew up in the lower East side of Manhattan. The wolf is always at the door! Texans tend to not be as cautious as New Yorker's growing up in bad neighborhoods. Even now my family doesn't understand why I am so cautious. Lock every door, always suspect the worst. Been there and done that. I hate carrying a gun but I always do, now that I can.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

cmgee67 wrote:I would like to remind you to be careful out in this world. Be mindful of the evil people who wish to do you harm. Be watchful and be smart. Also remember to smile. You never know if your kindness and smile may be the difference in somebody's life. That can be the best ammo you could ever use. I was reminded of that church shooting a couple years back where the kid ran in during a service and shot up a bunch of people and after the fact the pastors kid said his dad was a cool holder and decided to leave his gun in the car that time which he never does. Folks that one time we get lazy or don't think we need it could be the time when the poo poo hits the fan. Remember carrying a gun isn't about being comfortable it's about being prepared. I have found myself several times thinking man this gun is a boat anchor!!!!!!! I'm just running to dollar tree I won't need it but that's when I stop and think to myself wait... what if this is that time.... I pray I never have to use my gun but for range time but I also know I need to be ready for whatever reason. Stay safe y'all.
I usually take about ten times too many words to say something, but your post sounds a lot like that quote from General Mattis: "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
cmgee67 wrote:I would like to remind you to be careful out in this world. Be mindful of the evil people who wish to do you harm. Be watchful and be smart. Also remember to smile. You never know if your kindness and smile may be the difference in somebody's life. That can be the best ammo you could ever use. I was reminded of that church shooting a couple years back where the kid ran in during a service and shot up a bunch of people and after the fact the pastors kid said his dad was a cool holder and decided to leave his gun in the car that time which he never does. Folks that one time we get lazy or don't think we need it could be the time when the poo poo hits the fan. Remember carrying a gun isn't about being comfortable it's about being prepared. I have found myself several times thinking man this gun is a boat anchor!!!!!!! I'm just running to dollar tree I won't need it but that's when I stop and think to myself wait... what if this is that time.... I pray I never have to use my gun but for range time but I also know I need to be ready for whatever reason. Stay safe y'all.
I usually take about ten times too many words to say something, but your post sounds a lot like that quote from General Mattis: "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
My Favorite Marine General, a few more quotes(language warning):
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... es/340553/
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

A digital ISIS propaganda magazine published an article earlier this month urging supporters to burn down Dallas’ First Baptist church, The Dallas Morning News reported Thursday.

http://fxn.ws/2ksoaCM
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Bitter Clinger wrote:A digital ISIS propaganda magazine published an article earlier this month urging supporters to burn down Dallas’ First Baptist church, The Dallas Morning News reported Thursday.

http://fxn.ws/2ksoaCM
Thanks for that info
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/downtown ... ist-dallas

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”