Multitool suggestions

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Multitool suggestions

Post by Abraham »

What Weg said: Gerber, that can with a flick of the wrist, present pliers one handed...I've still got that multi-tool and never wanted another brand or design.

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 6

Post by cmgee67 »

I handled a wave and I really wasn't a fan of the weight. I want something smaller and lighter

uthornsfan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by uthornsfan »

If you are of the opinion its not the size of the tool but how you use it. Then by all means, get something other than the wave. I always carried mine horizontally and weight was never a problem. Also, I never tried to use mine and wasnt able to complete the task because it wasnt big enough but have used other multitools that were too small to do anything but open an Amazon box with.

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

I have the skeletool RX not really impressed with it. Should've bought the regular one for half the price
'got to Texas ASAIC.

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

cmgee67 wrote:I handled a wave and I really wasn't a fan of the weight. I want something smaller and lighter
The wave is great in a backpack or laptop case but I understand the weight concern for pocket carry. What tools do you need in your multitool? If you don't need pliers, or don't need sturdy pliers, that facilitates lower weight. It also allows you to look beyond conventional multitools. If you carry a separate knife, that can also steer your multitool choices.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”