Comp-Tac

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Comp-Tac

Post by RogueUSMC »

I use CompTac polymer clips on all my holsters but I don't actually own a CompTac holster...lol. Their c-clips are excellent! Take the three holes my Crossbreed has and the five (or six, I can't remember at the moment) on the CompTac clips and you have an exponential series of adjustment options...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

RogueUSMC wrote:I use CompTac polymer clips on all my holsters but I don't actually own a CompTac holster...lol. Their c-clips are excellent! Take the three holes my Crossbreed has and the five (or six, I can't remember at the moment) on the CompTac clips and you have an exponential series of adjustment options...
This is exactly what I have done with both of my Crossbreeds.
I've been thinking about an OWB solution, so I will certainly look into offerings from CompTac.
NRA lifetime member

allisji

Post by allisji »

I have a comp-tac mtac holster for my Sig P239 9mm. It's an excellent holster. The draw is very fast and easy. Reholstering is the same.

eta: and they shipped a pack of smartees candy with the order.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

SoloXCRacer

Post by SoloXCRacer »

I use the Comptac Gladiator for my full sized M&P, and the Stealth Gear OWB for my Glock 19. Both products are high quality and have decided both will probably be by go-to holsters for OWB in future purchases. The Stealth Gear is lighter, but both ride close to the body and conceal well. But I think the Gladiator has a "classier" look, if that makes any sense. It's a great product and good to hear they have great customer service!

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

SoloXCRacer wrote:I use the Comptac Gladiator for my full sized M&P, and the Stealth Gear OWB for my Glock 19. Both products are high quality and have decided both will probably be by go-to holsters for OWB in future purchases. The Stealth Gear is lighter, but both ride close to the body and conceal well. But I think the Gladiator has a "classier" look, if that makes any sense. It's a great product and good to hear they have great customer service!
My motivation for the Gladiator was the easy on-off with the snap attachments since I need to take my holster off several times each day. It has worked perfectly in that regard so far.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Just ordered an "International" holster from Comp-Tac after their customer support confirmed fit for my M&P M2.0 5" barrel.
Also ordered their "Trojan Horse Long Gun Case" http://www.comp-tac.com/rifle-accessori ... ated-10444
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

I remember years ago watching Gregg Garret as a dancer with Houston Ballet. Never dreamed I'd be seeing his holsters one day.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

RossA wrote:I remember years ago watching Gregg Garret as a dancer with Houston Ballet. Never dreamed I'd be seeing his holsters one day.
Oh my gosh! You let it slip!

Gregg, as (relatively) young as he still is, has had a storied past. If you ever get a chance to sit down and talk to him, he won't voluntarily discuss some of it, but try to pry it out of him. Particularly what he did during his time overseas. Ballet dancer to holster manufacturing icon sounds like like a huge stretch. But the man is a shooter, and perhaps better at that than his terpsichorean endeavors. And he's also simply a great guy; the customer service attitude in his company reflects that.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

TresHuevos

Post by TresHuevos »

Skiprr wrote:
RossA wrote:I remember years ago watching Gregg Garret as a dancer with Houston Ballet. Never dreamed I'd be seeing his holsters one day.
Oh my gosh! You let it slip!

Gregg, as (relatively) young as he still is, has had a storied past. If you ever get a chance to sit down and talk to him, he won't voluntarily discuss some of it, but try to pry it out of him. Particularly what he did during his time overseas. Ballet dancer to holster manufacturing icon sounds like like a huge stretch. But the man is a shooter, and perhaps better at that than his terpsichorean endeavors. And he's also simply a great guy; the customer service attitude in his company reflects that.
+11 points for the correct use of "terpsichorean"
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

The Comp-Tac Infidel has been a awsome holster. I have 3 for 1911s,2 for S&W642 and 1
for a H&K USP 9mm compact. They even held up too some serious ATV trails in Arkansas.
CHL 2002
NRA life member
TSRA Endowment member
TWA member

loneranger4x4

Post by loneranger4x4 »

+1 for Comp-Tac holsters for comfort and durability. I have used the same holster every day for the past 7 years. still in perfect working order. I have used it with multiple guns. seems like every time I get a new carry gun, it is almost the same size as the last one, so with a little persuasion from a heat gun, I am able to customize the kydex to fit the new pistol. When I am no longer able to do that, I will be getting another Comp-Tac.
James Patterson

Reds45ACP

Post by Reds45ACP »

To each thier own. For carry, I use a different manufacturer. I used a Spartan holster for almost a year. It's a nice unit for the price.

However, for my USPSA, IDPA, and Revolver rig I use Comp-Tac. I won't use anyone else. Every time I try a different competition holster they just pale in comparison to my Comp-Tac units.
Hello. My name is Red and I used to carry a .45. Now I carry a 9mm and it's getting easier to admit every day.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”