Have M1, AR10 - Bad to want M1A?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Have M1, AR10 - Bad to want M1A?

Post by C-dub »

I've been doing some more research on these today. I went out to a few local shops and couldn't find even one.

Online, it seems there's about a $1,200 range on various models. I can see why the Scout model is desirable with its 18" barrel. It's sort of a middle ground area. However, the Loaded and National Match versions also look quite enticing. They all look good, so I'll keep saving and we'll see how long I can hold out and how much I have when I don't want to wait any longer. I figure one will present itself to me wen the time is right. That's how I've come across several of the other things I've acquired.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

C-dub wrote:I've been doing some more research on these today. I went out to a few local shops and couldn't find even one.

Online, it seems there's about a $1,200 range on various models. I can see why the Scout model is desirable with its 18" barrel. It's sort of a middle ground area. However, the Loaded and National Match versions also look quite enticing. They all look good, so I'll keep saving and we'll see how long I can hold out and how much I have when I don't want to wait any longer. I figure one will present itself to me wen the time is right. That's how I've come across several of the other things I've acquired.
Mine is a National Match. Awesome rifle.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

PBratton wrote:
What stock do you have on yours?

EDIT: Oops, don't those only come with walnut stocks? And the only difference is stainless or carbon barrels?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

C-dub wrote:
PBratton wrote:
What stock do you have on yours?

EDIT: Oops, don't those only come with walnut stocks? And the only difference is stainless or carbon barrels?
wood and stainless.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Rvrrat14
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rvrrat14 »

Never BAD to want another gun!

Your choice, perhaps.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”