Ice bullets: Fiction or developed by CIA for "wet work"?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ice bullets: Fiction or developed by CIA for "wet work"?

Post by Chemist45 »

TEX wrote:If you had a dry ice (CO2) slug in a shotgun wadding/cup, it would probably work at short range and be moving really, really fast. No rifling marks even if they did find the wadding. Cartridges kept in a super insulated container with other dry ice blocks, then inserted at the last moment into a break open double barrel (use gloves or tongs), and I bet you could do some serious damage.
And how is this, in any way, superior to a sawed of double barrel shotgun?
No case to find if you don't open the breach after shooting.
No ballistics on the shot, wad or slug.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TreyHouston »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:The "big agribusiness" outfits use water jets for chicken "processing" all the time.
I am far from an expert on the technology, but I wonder if it would be possible to develop something that sent a very short duration stream downrange? I'm picturing something that looks like a flamethrower with tanks of water you carry on your back. Obviously, the longer the range, the more difficult this would be to develop.

Not quite an ice bullet. More of a "water bullet". But the difference between ice and water is just one of perception. The potential benefits would be the same (leaving no trace, etc).
(Hahah its soccerdad again!)

I really like this idea!!! So the original post was about a bullet that could be fired and not leave a trace, kinda like a "James Bond" thing. No one would ever know who did it!!!!
TRUE, a guy carrying a very large tank with a "flame thrower" type device may not leave exact evidence in the victim, however, there might be some suspicion about seeing THE GUY WEARING A FLAMETHROWER!!!!
Hahahahahahahahahaha "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" :smash:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

apvonkanel

Post by apvonkanel »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:The "big agribusiness" outfits use water jets for chicken "processing" all the time.
I am far from an expert on the technology, but I wonder if it would be possible to develop something that sent a very short duration stream downrange? I'm picturing something that looks like a flamethrower with tanks of water you carry on your back. Obviously, the longer the range, the more difficult this would be to develop.

Not quite an ice bullet. More of a "water bullet". But the difference between ice and water is just one of perception. The potential benefits would be the same (leaving no trace, etc).
The problem here is terminal velocity. Essentially, the drag quickly degrades stream structure, allowing for greater drag (spreading the mass over a greater distance) which would slow it down considerably over a short distance. While cutting is possible with water, this is done with thin streams and short distances of travel. A fire hose can travel further because a thicker stream inherently holds integrity longer, but also negates the cutting ability.

However, in a vacuum this idea could be much more plausible. So if we're talking space-jockeys packing water beams, I'm all-in.

We need to legislate water beams now.
In the Navy I learned to love the Mossberg 590A1 and hate the Beretta M9

apvonkanel

Post by apvonkanel »

What about a salt bullet? Or something else highly soluble that's naturally found in the human body?
In the Navy I learned to love the Mossberg 590A1 and hate the Beretta M9

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

Chemist45 wrote:
TEX wrote:If you had a dry ice (CO2) slug in a shotgun wadding/cup, it would probably work at short range and be moving really, really fast. No rifling marks even if they did find the wadding. Cartridges kept in a super insulated container with other dry ice blocks, then inserted at the last moment into a break open double barrel (use gloves or tongs), and I bet you could do some serious damage.
Are you trying to say you do not advocate reinventing the wheel with a much more complicated design that only theoretically functions under specific parameters almost as efficiently as the original wheel?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ameer »

jmra wrote:
Chemist45 wrote:
Are you trying to say you do not advocate reinventing the wheel with a much more complicated design that only theoretically functions under specific parameters almost as efficiently as the original wheel?
It sounds like he has no future in a civil service career. :mrgreen:
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

jmra wrote:
Chemist45 wrote:
Sounds like my previous employer: OK Mr. Customer, Our product is more expensive and works almost as well as our competitor's.
How many do you want?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”