I need to be stopped........

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I need to be stopped........

Post by KC5AV »

growlerVII wrote:I just pulled the trigger on a brand new Springfield loaded 1911 with night sights. The online price, coupled with the Springfield magazine madness promotion was just too good to pass up. Once this piece is tested and evaluated I'll work it into my carry rotation. And.....as soon as I figure out how 5th post pix from my phone I'll do that as well. (Any help would be appreciated).
Does anyone here own/carry this particular springer? Thoughts, comments, buyer's remorse? I don't think.ill have any problems with it, and just wanted some real opinions from owners. My first 1911 was a Springfield G.I. purchase used from a San Diego pawn shop for $350.........still kicking myself for getting rid of it.
The Loaded Stainless is my EDC. The only thing it didn't come with was nightsights. I had those added later. The only problem I have had with it was related to the included magazines. Neither of them would reliably allow the last round to eject. I switched to the Wilson Combat 47d, and haven't had a hiccup since.
NRA lifetime member

Topic author
growlerVII
Posts in topic: 9

Post by growlerVII »

AndyC wrote:Congrats on your new piece - an excellent choice.

I keep a CMC RPM 10-shot mag in my bedside 1911 - very tough magazine, the feed-lips are folded over for strength:

http://www.chipmccormickmags.com/cgi-bi ... &key=17150
I need some of these! Honestly surprised I've never seen one before, it's a great idea.

Topic author
growlerVII

Post by growlerVII »

KC5AV wrote:
growlerVII wrote:I just pulled the trigger on a brand new Springfield loaded 1911 with night sights. The online price, coupled with the Springfield magazine madness promotion was just too good to pass up. Once this piece is tested and evaluated I'll work it into my carry rotation. And.....as soon as I figure out how 5th post pix from my phone I'll do that as well. (Any help would be appreciated).
Does anyone here own/carry this particular springer? Thoughts, comments, buyer's remorse? I don't think.ill have any problems with it, and just wanted some real opinions from owners. My first 1911 was a Springfield G.I. purchase used from a San Diego pawn shop for $350.........still kicking myself for getting rid of it.
The Loaded Stainless is my EDC. The only thing it didn't come with was nightsights. I had those added later. The only problem I have had with it was related to the included magazines. Neither of them would reliably allow the last round to eject. I switched to the Wilson Combat 47d, and haven't had a hiccup since.
I never owned a pistol with NS before I bought my first sig, since then I've been spoiled by them. Now every piece I own has at least a tritium front sight.
Suckered to hear about the factory mags.......I made my purchase based alot on customer service, and the free mag giveaway. Fingers crossed!

Topic author
growlerVII

Post by growlerVII »

Well, I took possession of her today! (Thanks, Jason @ ammobiz in trenton) got her home, cleaned and re-lubed, headed out back to the range. Only 3 mags went through today. I got busy and ran out of light. I. Am. Impressed. Zero failures and, my groups were fairly tight at about 15ft. like, less that 1.5". The night sights were the real selling point on this for me and they didn't disappoint. I will say, however that the pistol I bug didn't come with the standard holster and mag pouch that Springfield offers with EVERY OTHER PISTOL I'VE EVER BOUGHT FROM THEM. Oh well, I'll cash in on their promotional offer and get them + 4 mags. Both the factory mags fed and dropped free with no problems. My cheapo 8rnd ASC (do not buy these at any price) mag failed to lock the slide back. But every on went where I aimed and, this thing is just a blast! So glad I bought it. Few hundred more rounds and I'll be carrying her.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”