Wilson Combat's new EDC X9

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wilson Combat's new EDC X9

Post by tomtexan »

Impressive! :thumbs2:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

Hmmmmmm... A new Wilson model at the same MSRP price point as the new STI DVC Carry.... very Interesting.

jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

My birthday coming up in August if anyone wants to buy me one of these :drool:
S&W M&P Shield 9mm rides around town in a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

bobby

Post by bobby »

Nice but it still weights more than my Kimber by 1 oz... HMMMM
:txflag:

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

Price can makes a Glock look good. Does it come with cup holders? It sure is pretty. Built to be an open carry.

Seriously though. Are 9mm 1911s less fussy than their .45 counterparts? I don't know much about Wilson, except that they do seem to make reliable .45 mags and I haven't heard too many squawks about FTEs that seem so common with other high-end manufacturers like Kimber. Maybe this being a 4 " barrel in a 9mm will avoid the reliability issues.

Could this be expected to run right of the box?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

Bill Wilson has been a fan of carrying 9mm 1911s for a while.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

Finally, a double stack I can like!

Liberty- Yes, it should run right out of the box, as should all guns.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Liberty wrote:Price can makes a Glock look good. Does it come with cup holders? It sure is pretty. Built to be an open carry.
Could this be expected to run right of the box?
- Bill Wilson builds quality stuff :thumbs2:
- Bill Wilson has a God complex and prices his stuff accordingly :shock:
- I'm not a fan of 9mm when you can fit a .40 in the same size package. :evil2:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Kimber? High-end? "rlol"
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

flechero

Post by flechero »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: - Bill Wilson has a God complex and prices his stuff accordingly :shock:
Out of my price range, for sure- but not out of line with other high end manufacturers.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

Pawpaw wrote:Kimber? High-end? "rlol"
Price wise anyways.
I have 3 handguns. They work flawlessly out of the box and shoot better than I can. None cost more than $400.00. I wouldn't call any of them beautiful my favorite is downright ugly. Maybe if I owned a $2800 dollar gun it would be pretty enough to OC. How well would it work? I don't know.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

flechero

Post by flechero »

Liberty wrote:I have 3 handguns. They work flawlessly out of the box and shoot better than I can. None cost more than $400.00.
As do each of my 1911's- the kimber included. You didn't know your guns would work before you shot them, just like me and everyone else here. ALL manufacturers have occasional lemons. Jump onto the glock, sig, hk, xd, kelteck, etc. forums and you'll see that they all have issues once in a while and they also have a much larger % of guns that run from the start.

Price isn't indicative of much- injection molded plastic and stamped steel vs. machined tool steel or hand fitting is often the difference. I like the look and feel of well built 1911- and carry one often. I also carry a kel-tec some days... both have been flawless. I shoot the 1911 much better but conceal the kel-tec much easier...

Given the choice to spend $1400 on another STI vs $250 on another Kel-tec, I'll buy another STI. But I'm not giving up my PF9. Each has a place in my safe and carry rotation. Your needs and application might only have room for $400 gun(s) and that's fine too. THat's why there are so many options- we all have different needs and likes. (just like cars, trucks, clothes, food, etc.) :tiphat:

Oh, and to get back on topic- if I had an extra $2800 I would likely buy that new Wilson, except I'd still conceal it. ;-)

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”