If you could only have one gun

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Marshal
Posts in topic: 1

Re: If you could only have one gun

Post by The Marshal »

Bitter Clinger wrote: My number one gun for the end of the world as we know it is my .308 SBR. Reach out and touch someone (cause I really don't want them to get too close, I much prefer a well constructed ambush or sniping from a few hundred yards) but if you have to go CQB, one round will pretty much end 'em. And the majority of light body armor will succumb as well.
I agree with this. My SCAR 7.62 is the gun I won't leave home without. It has the legs to hit at 600+, and still fire in semi-auto.
The round will take down most anything, even like BC says, 'up-armored' targets. Not good against small game, unless you shoot next to them and let the concussion/shock wave kill them. :thumbs2:

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

I think my choice would be an AR-15. Capacity for defense, will take any game in Texas and I could probably scavenge ammo should it come to that.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Mxrdad wrote:Well, Dadgum. Need to start thinking about this. Bicycles would be a tough way to execute my plan. I mean if it were just me, no problem. Dang, I'd hate to be in an airplane when it hit.
Yep, if you gonna bike out, need one of these:
https://www.bikeshophub.com/trailers/bu ... c-194.html

Biking will cover more ground faster, but might also make you a more likely target for a well planned ambush.

So if instead you plan to walk out, maybe one of these tactical strollers:
http://www.ruggedgear.com/index.cfm/pag ... /cat76.htm
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

I would grab my AR. Not because it's the perfect tool for the job but because of familiarity. I know what it can do (and what it and I can't do) and I think that confidence and competence will be more important in a crisis.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

cmgee67 wrote:Being in an airplane would suck... or what if you were in space? Houston you have a problem..
I wonder if the planes in the air would just start dropping from the sky? And what if you were just sitting in the plane on the ground waiting to take off when it hit? That would be horrible. I think it would be a struggle to get your checked baggage, and I'm leaning towards maybe even impossible. That would leave you with no weapon, only the clothes on your back and whatever you might have in the carry on luggage you might have. Not to mention, if you aren't at your home airport, that would leave you out of town and basically on your own if you don't have family members or friends in that town. And even if you did, how would you get to them? And even if you are at your home airport, you would still have the issue of trying to get back home.

I have no idea what would happen to our astronauts in space. Maybe ride it out till we get it figured out? Maybe their craft will go dark and have no way of getting back home?

That's it. I officially despise EMP and now voting for the Zombie Apocalypse if I can't die of old age.
Just some guy's opinion.

Zoo

Post by Zoo »

A precision rifle to eliminate the one gun limit. :biggrinjester:
The city is not a concrete jungle. It is a human zoo.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Only Three Guns: Pro Shooter Jerry Miculek Answers the Burning Question

If a pro like Miculek can only narrow it down to three guns, I don't see why I have to narrow it down to one. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

zmcgooga

Post by zmcgooga »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
zmcgooga wrote:I'd go with the Chiappa M6, not the prettiest thing in the world but it looks like it has a lot of versatility.

* Side note, I've never held, much less shot one of these I've just read and watched video's on them and think the inserts would be handy in the scenario.

Other than that it would be a 10/22
Defender Outdoors has 10/22 magazines on sale for essentially 1/2 price:

http://defenderoutdoors.com/ruger-90548 ... R-Stock-Up
Thanks for the link! I was actually planning on picking two of these up at the end of the month.

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

I make this choice every day when I strap on my EDC.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Ruark wrote:Well, good grief. If size and weight aren't issues and you can have unlimited ammo, I'd say an M2.
if you get someone to help me carry the thing...and the tripod...and the ammo...I'm in...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RogueUSMC wrote:
Ruark wrote:Well, good grief. If size and weight aren't issues and you can have unlimited ammo, I'd say an M2.
if you get someone to help me carry the thing...and the tripod...and the ammo...I'm in...lol
Why stop there? Why not a truck-mounted quad-.50?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
RogueUSMC wrote:
Why stop there? Why not a truck-mounted quad-.50?
Or a mini-gun.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Lambda Force wrote:I make this choice every day when I strap on my EDC.
I don't. I carry a primary and a BUG. Plus I am usually driving my car which fortunately has room for several more guns.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

bblhd672 wrote:
Or a mini-gun.
I'll take the the one "gun" I used to have "loaned" to me. 3 mini-guns, 1 40mm grenade launcher, 38 folding fin aerial rockets. If I miss, I can still make a quick getaway. :biggrinjester:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

G26ster wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Or a mini-gun.
I'll take the the one "gun" I used to have "loaned" to me. 3 mini-guns, 1 40mm grenade launcher, 38 folding fin aerial rockets. If I miss, I can still make a quick getaway. :biggrinjester:

Perfect!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”