Total Shooting Sports

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
MustangGlocker
Posts in topic: 4

Total Shooting Sports

Post by MustangGlocker »

Either my search skills are failing me or there just isn't anything on here about the new range in NRH. Anyone shoot there yet? I typically shoot at Shoot Smart in Grand Prairie but want to try places in the north half of the county since I'm now spending all my time north of 114. I know Shoot Smart has location at Alliance but it's always so packed, people have to park on the grass next to the service road of 35. Not what I really want to deal with.

TSS's website looks promising. Looks like a big facility and obviously has the "new car smell" but would like some real world input. Thinking about going down there on Saturday if it seems worth it. Otherwise I'll head Shoot Smart at 6am in hopes I get a parking place and a lane. :sleep

Thanks in advance guys. :tiphat:
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Total Shooting Sports

Post by Flightmare »

I went to TSS a few weeks ago with my dad and his sister. Very nice facility in my opinion. Range fees are reasonable compared to what I've been paying at other local ranges. We went on a Saturday and had maybe a 10 minute wait for a lane. I would definitely go again.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
MustangGlocker

Post by MustangGlocker »

Flightmare wrote:I went to TSS a few weeks ago with my dad and his sister. Very nice facility in my opinion. Range fees are reasonable compared to what I've been paying at other local ranges. We went on a Saturday and had maybe a 10 minute wait for a lane. I would definitely go again.
Awesome. That's what I was looking for and a 10 min wait on a Saturday is completely reasonable.

I know this question may be kinda random, but how was the ventilation? I know some ranges have better filtration than others.
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

MustangGlocker wrote:
Flightmare wrote:I went to TSS a few weeks ago with my dad and his sister. Very nice facility in my opinion. Range fees are reasonable compared to what I've been paying at other local ranges. We went on a Saturday and had maybe a 10 minute wait for a lane. I would definitely go again.
Awesome. That's what I was looking for and a 10 min wait on a Saturday is completely reasonable.

I know this question may be kinda random, but how was the ventilation? I know some ranges have better filtration than others.
I know when I went to Shoot Smart near Alliance, the private suites were HOT. My local indoor range (Bullet Trap) can be warm during the summer and cool during the winter. TSS was quite comfortable to me and my family. Well lit too, all the way back to 25 yards.

Topic author
MustangGlocker

Post by MustangGlocker »

I agree that the private suites can get quite warm. Nice to have the privacy and added benefits but you definitely lose some airflow.

I believe I'll give TSS a shot this weekend and blow some of the cobwebs out of my Glock.
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

MustangGlocker wrote:I agree that the private suites can get quite warm. Nice to have the privacy and added benefits but you definitely lose some airflow.

I believe I'll give TSS a shot this weekend and blow some of the cobwebs out of my Glock.
Let me know your opinion. Always nice to hear another's point of view.

Topic author
MustangGlocker

Post by MustangGlocker »

I checked out Total Shooting Sports this morning and it was very positive. Got there about 9:30 and checked in at the counter. Very spacious retail area. Pretty good gun selection. From what I can tell, prices were reasonable. I had to get on a waiting list only because one of their bays was closed due to some plumbing issue. Wait time was maybe 10 minutes.

Range is very nice. Bays are nice. High tech touch screen target distance adjuster thingy. Easy to use. Ventilation system was great. Little warm but I tasted no powder while I was there and not coughing up any after. Best I've been to. Really liked that they have a RSO in the bays. Some ranges monitor on video. He even swept brass for us.

Overall, great experience and will go back. May even decide to become a member.
Patrick
NRA Life Member
Blue Lives Matter

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”