Texas

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas

Post by Abraham »

In addition to Tru Glo night sights, a Glock 3 1/2# connector and Hogue Handall grips to my Glock 19.

For me, it makes a huge, better grip difference over the stock grip.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

LucasMcCain wrote:Y'all got me looking at night sights for my G19, and there certainly are a lot of options out there. There were a few makers that offered a ghost ring sight with tritium dots. I have never seen anything like that before, but most of the reviewers loved them. Have any of you ever tried something like that? Did you like it? The general consensus among reviewers was that they are good for fast target acquisition and follow up shots. Not as good for long ranges or absolute accuracy. Thoughts?
Look at the XS Big Dot Sights.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I have owned many Glocks, and have done just about everything possible to them, including grip reductions, trigger connector upgrades, drop in competition triggers, match grade barrels, etc., etc., etc. Here is what I would do for an EDC Glock in that size range.

Install an extended slide release, extended takedown lever, and extended mag release. That last one might need a bit of work with some sandpaper depending on your holster. I have pretty big hands, and find that the stock parts are just way too small for all of these.

Definitely swap out the sights for night sights. Unless you are the type to never leave home after dark.

I don't think you get much bang for the buck doing other things. But, my answer would be different if this was intended as a competition gun or a home defense gun.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”