Prescription shooting bifocals

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Matt78665
Posts in topic: 1

Prescription shooting bifocals

Post by Matt78665 »

I am looking for a optical lens lab that will make bifocal shooting glasses that have the "reader" portion at the top of the lens. I have a specially configured Rx from my optometrist that has been created with measurements from my eye to front sight of my Glock. Does anyone one know who can make such lens?

TY in advance for any help
"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
St. Augustine

bblhd672

Re: Prescription shooting bifocals

Post by bblhd672 »

Charles Cotton talked about this in one of his podcasts. Not sure if you can find the episode by looking at the contents page.
https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... p/podcasts
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

txtaxman

Post by txtaxman »

Matt78665 wrote:I am looking for a optical lens lab that will make bifocal shooting glasses that have the "reader" portion at the top of the lens.
Have you tried your local optical lab?

In 1995 I took my prescription to the shop in our local Wal-Mart. They made them and even tinted the lenses yellow. My eyes were changing pretty quickly in those days, so I had to have new shooting glasses again in a couple of years.

Since then, I have not been shooting as much, so now I simply shoot by looking through the middle lens of my tri-focals.
Lamar County

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

I had bifocals made in the 1990s for close computer work, and I shot my guns with the same glasses. Even today, I just focus on the front sight quickly, which becomes a blur when I focus on the target. I shoot well like that at up to 15 yards.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

The place that I get my ED glasses from did mine. I have a pair of shooting, safety, and sun glasses each with different tints to them and all can be used as shooting/safety glasses. BTW, I have trifocals.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

txtaxman wrote:
Matt78665 wrote:I am looking for a optical lens lab that will make bifocal shooting glasses that have the "reader" portion at the top of the lens.
Have you tried your local optical lab?

In 1995 I took my prescription to the shop in our local Wal-Mart. They made them and even tinted the lenses yellow. My eyes were changing pretty quickly in those days, so I had to have new shooting glasses again in a couple of years.

Since then, I have not been shooting as much, so now I simply shoot by looking through the middle lens of my tri-focals.
This my solution also. It does make me hold my head abit higher than I'm comfortable with but it does work. Any lab should be able to them up the way you. I've watched the Wal-Mart techs set them up to my personAl requirements.
N5PNZ

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”