For All You Glock Lovers

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
joe817

For All You Glock Lovers

Postby joe817 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:24 am

There are a couple of interesting articles I received this morning from AllOutdoor.com regarding Glocks. I thought I'd pass it along for your reading enjoyment.

The first one is called Five Reasons Not To Buy A Glock. It's mildly humorous:

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/09/fi ... Newsletter

The second article I found very interesting, called The First-Ever Glock Factory Tour. They take quality control to the extremes:

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/07/fi ... Newsletter
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

The Annoyed Man

Re: For All You Glock Lovers

Postby The Annoyed Man » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:33 am

joe817 wrote:There are a couple of interesting articles I received this morning from AllOutdoor.com regarding Glocks. I thought I'd pass it along for your reading enjoyment.

The first one is called Five Reasons Not To Buy A Glock. It's mildly humorous:

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/09/fi ... Newsletter

The second article I found very interesting, called The First-Ever Glock Factory Tour. They take quality control to the extremes:

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/07/fi ... Newsletter

I saw the factory tour article, but not the five reasons article. I'll check it out.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy

Abraham

Postby Abraham » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:38 am

While not in love with my Glock, I will say I'm deeply enamored...though perhaps I could say the same for all other guns, even 1911's, muskets, and flintlocks too. Heck, all the guns of yesteryear...

jminn1

Postby jminn1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks for posting the two articles... I particularly enjoyed the Glock factory tour article.
What a deal. ISO 9000 eat yer lil' heart out.
Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Barry Goldwater

Beiruty

Postby Beiruty » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Please, do not start me on bashing Glocks, I never liked their look. When I wanted to buy a Glock, HK VP9 came home.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
joe817

Postby joe817 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Beiruty wrote:Please, do not start me on bashing Glocks, I never liked their look. When I wanted to buy a Glock, HK VP9 came home.

Well, I don't think they are pretty as well. But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Since lots of people like them, I cannot fault the gun(although I'd like to! :cool: )

I know I'll never own one...but I"m an old guy and grew up on 1911's, p-38's, PP's, Sauer & Sons 38H, and my favorite, the Mauser Hsc(talk about a conceal carry gun!). As you can tell, my preference is of the DA/SA genre with the SA's following close behind.

Abraham, I feel like we are kindred spirtis, as I've always had a deep appreciation of the guns of yesteryear! :lol: :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”