For All You Glock Lovers

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
joe817
Posts in topic: 2

For All You Glock Lovers

Post by joe817 »

There are a couple of interesting articles I received this morning from AllOutdoor.com regarding Glocks. I thought I'd pass it along for your reading enjoyment.

The first one is called Five Reasons Not To Buy A Glock. It's mildly humorous:

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/09/fi ... Newsletter

The second article I found very interesting, called The First-Ever Glock Factory Tour. They take quality control to the extremes:

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/07/fi ... Newsletter
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: For All You Glock Lovers

Post by The Annoyed Man »

joe817 wrote:There are a couple of interesting articles I received this morning from AllOutdoor.com regarding Glocks. I thought I'd pass it along for your reading enjoyment.

The first one is called Five Reasons Not To Buy A Glock. It's mildly humorous:

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/09/fi ... Newsletter

The second article I found very interesting, called The First-Ever Glock Factory Tour. They take quality control to the extremes:

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/03/07/fi ... Newsletter
I saw the factory tour article, but not the five reasons article. I'll check it out.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

While not in love with my Glock, I will say I'm deeply enamored...though perhaps I could say the same for all other guns, even 1911's, muskets, and flintlocks too. Heck, all the guns of yesteryear...

jminn1

Post by jminn1 »

Thanks for posting the two articles... I particularly enjoyed the Glock factory tour article.
What a deal. ISO 9000 eat yer lil' heart out.
Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Barry Goldwater

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Please, do not start me on bashing Glocks, I never liked their look. When I wanted to buy a Glock, HK VP9 came home.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

Beiruty wrote:Please, do not start me on bashing Glocks, I never liked their look. When I wanted to buy a Glock, HK VP9 came home.
Well, I don't think they are pretty as well. But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Since lots of people like them, I cannot fault the gun(although I'd like to! :cool: )

I know I'll never own one...but I"m an old guy and grew up on 1911's, p-38's, PP's, Sauer & Sons 38H, and my favorite, the Mauser Hsc(talk about a conceal carry gun!). As you can tell, my preference is of the DA/SA genre with the SA's following close behind.

Abraham, I feel like we are kindred spirtis, as I've always had a deep appreciation of the guns of yesteryear! :lol: :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”