Mossberg Shockwave

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 2562
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:17 pm

GreenMan0352 wrote:These are really fun! Also can work as a serious truck gun. I love mine


:iagree:

With the light / laser, mine is accurate out to 25 yards. Also, the scabbard that was recommended upthread is perfect for vehicle carry since it just barely covers the full weapon, without adding any unnecessary length. Mine just fits in the passenger wheel well of my BMW if I move the seat back slightly more than normal. From there it is fully concealed, and still an easy reach while I am driving.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


nimravus01
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby nimravus01 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I put a Picatinny rail on the top of the Shockwave and then just mounted the TLR-2S to the rail. It's "upside down" but that only means you need to reverse the adjustments when sighting in the laser. Mine was close enough at 25 yards that I didn't bother making any adjustments.


Red or green laser? How easy is it to see and a aquire your target? Are the paddles easy to operate in that position, or, are you thinking of adding a pressure switch?


GreenMan0352
Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Denver city

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby GreenMan0352 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:25 am

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
GreenMan0352 wrote:These are really fun! Also can work as a serious truck gun. I love mine


:iagree:

With the light / laser, mine is accurate out to 25 yards. Also, the scabbard that was recommended upthread is perfect for vehicle carry since it just barely covers the full weapon, without adding any unnecessary length. Mine just fits in the passenger wheel well of my BMW if I move the seat back slightly more than normal. From there it is fully concealed, and still an easy reach while I am driving.


Nice! I really need to set mine up for truck carry that was the whole reason in me buying! If you don't mind me asking where did you order your scabbard from?

User avatar

Topic author
carlson1
Moderator
Posts: 9005
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby carlson1 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:43 pm

I changed my forend to a Magpul and added a Sure Fire underneath the forend. I added a Fast Fire on the top. I used slugs and "sighted it in from about 13-15 yards." These are a blast to shoot. I believe it is sufficiently for the truck and my hallway (if I don't grab the AR first).
IMG_7351.JPG
Image


JRG
Senior Member
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Mesquite, TX

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby JRG » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:39 am

carlson1 wrote:I changed my forend to a Magpul and added a Sure Fire underneath the forend. I added a Fast Fire on the top. I used slugs and "sighted it in from about 13-15 yards." These are a blast to shoot. I believe it is sufficiently for the truck and my hallway (if I don't grab the AR first).
IMG_7351.JPG


That light on the fore end will definitely keep your front hand out of harms way.

Joe

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22788
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Contact:

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby The Annoyed Man » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:22 pm

Just in case you want to spend even more money on your Shockwave, I give you this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/09/black-aces-tactical-quad-rail-side-shell-holder-mossberg-shockwave/
Image
It only adds $214 to the cost of your Shockwave......or about another 50%.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

User avatar

pbwalker
Senior Member
Posts: 2930
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby pbwalker » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:47 pm

I finally picked one of these up today, on a whim while browsing the LGS. Call me paranoid, but I'm thinking after bump stocks, other things are going to be further scrutinized and it's cheap enough. Easy choice. I got the two tone, and it feels pretty easy to handle. I will try to get out and fire it in the next few weeks. I just hope it isn't as stout as the pistol grip Mossy 500. :lol:
*NRA Endowment Member*
Veteran
"Real Patriots don't worship government" - Maj Toure

User avatar

Topic author
carlson1
Moderator
Posts: 9005
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby carlson1 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:52 pm

pbwalker wrote:I finally picked one of these up today, on a whim while browsing the LGS. Call me paranoid, but I'm thinking after bump stocks, other things are going to be further scrutinized and it's cheap enough. Easy choice. I got the two tone, and it feels pretty easy to handle. I will try to get out and fire it in the next few weeks. I just hope it isn't as stout as the pistol grip Mossy 500. :lol:


Total different animal. The birdshead grip to me is a lot easier.
Image


dlh
Senior Member
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby dlh » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:17 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:Just in case you want to spend even more money on your Shockwave, I give you this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/09/black-aces-tactical-quad-rail-side-shell-holder-mossberg-shockwave/
Image
It only adds $214 to the cost of your Shockwave......or about another 50%.

Wow! Isn't that what The Terminator carried in that movie? :cool:

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 4988
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby puma guy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:46 am

carlson1 wrote:
pbwalker wrote:I finally picked one of these up today, on a whim while browsing the LGS. Call me paranoid, but I'm thinking after bump stocks, other things are going to be further scrutinized and it's cheap enough. Easy choice. I got the two tone, and it feels pretty easy to handle. I will try to get out and fire it in the next few weeks. I just hope it isn't as stout as the pistol grip Mossy 500. :lol:


Total different animal. The birdshead grip to me is a lot easier.

I've never shot a pistol grip SG, but I agree that the grip on the Shockwve is not bad. The strap on the forend helps. I can see that the physiology of shooting a pistol grip requires a different angle on the wrist. , while the bird's head has my wrist and hand aligned with my forearm.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22788
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Contact:

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby The Annoyed Man » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:14 am

dlh wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Just in case you want to spend even more money on your Shockwave, I give you this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/09/black-aces-tactical-quad-rail-side-shell-holder-mossberg-shockwave/
Image
It only adds $214 to the cost of your Shockwave......or about another 50%.

Wow! Isn't that what The Terminator carried in that movie? :cool:

Could be.... I don’t know. All I know is that if your gun is short, you have to take steps to make it look bigger. I figure this kit is kind of like the proverbial stuffed sock in the pants...... ;-) I especially like the little stabby thing at the end.......as if a load of 12 gauge buckshot won’t hurt bad enough, here, let me poke you real hard too. :lol: But I don’t believe that full effect is achieved though unless you’re wearing a heavy biker jacket, have a German accent, and red glow-in-the-dark eyeballs that display data on the retinas.

Plus, the full length rail is pretty handy if you want to mount a US Optics long range sniper scope, or maybe a headlight off of an old Buick, or maybe even one of the early starlight scopes they used to put on the M2 carbines.........it can even double as a cheese grater for those late night grilled cheese Sammie’s in a fox hole. Who doesn’t remember those fondly?
Image
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 2562
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:54 am

GreenMan0352 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
GreenMan0352 wrote:These are really fun! Also can work as a serious truck gun. I love mine


:iagree:

With the light / laser, mine is accurate out to 25 yards. Also, the scabbard that was recommended upthread is perfect for vehicle carry since it just barely covers the full weapon, without adding any unnecessary length. Mine just fits in the passenger wheel well of my BMW if I move the seat back slightly more than normal. From there it is fully concealed, and still an easy reach while I am driving.


Nice! I really need to set mine up for truck carry that was the whole reason in me buying! If you don't mind me asking where did you order your scabbard from?


This is the scabbard I ordered. https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/vism-by-ncstar-tactical-rifle-scabbard?a=1699245 It works perfectly for me. Just (barely) covers the full length of the Shockwave, and fits perfectly in the passengers seat well of my car as long as I have the seat all the way back (I hardly ever have passengers in the back seats, so that isn't an issue for me).
Ding dong, the witch is dead


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 2562
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:58 am

nimravus01 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:I put a Picatinny rail on the top of the Shockwave and then just mounted the TLR-2S to the rail. It's "upside down" but that only means you need to reverse the adjustments when sighting in the laser. Mine was close enough at 25 yards that I didn't bother making any adjustments.


Red or green laser? How easy is it to see and a aquire your target? Are the paddles easy to operate in that position, or, are you thinking of adding a pressure switch?


Mine is red. It shows up very clearly even when I have the light activated (there is a switch to choose light only, laser only, or light and laser). The paddle is super easy to operate, since it is just above my trigger finger when I pick up the gun.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


GreenMan0352
Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Denver city

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby GreenMan0352 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:17 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
GreenMan0352 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
GreenMan0352 wrote:These are really fun! Also can work as a serious truck gun. I love mine


:iagree:

With the light / laser, mine is accurate out to 25 yards. Also, the scabbard that was recommended upthread is perfect for vehicle carry since it just barely covers the full weapon, without adding any unnecessary length. Mine just fits in the passenger wheel well of my BMW if I move the seat back slightly more than normal. From there it is fully concealed, and still an easy reach while I am driving.


Nice! I really need to set mine up for truck carry that was the whole reason in me buying! If you don't mind me asking where did you order your scabbard from?


This is the scabbard I ordered. https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/vism-by-ncstar-tactical-rifle-scabbard?a=1699245 It works perfectly for me. Just (barely) covers the full length of the Shockwave, and fits perfectly in the passengers seat well of my car as long as I have the seat all the way back (I hardly ever have passengers in the back seats, so that isn't an issue for me).


Awesome thanks!

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 4988
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Postby puma guy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:36 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
dlh wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Just in case you want to spend even more money on your Shockwave, I give you this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/09/black-aces-tactical-quad-rail-side-shell-holder-mossberg-shockwave/
Image
It only adds $214 to the cost of your Shockwave......or about another 50%.

Wow! Isn't that what The Terminator carried in that movie? :cool:

Could be.... I don’t know. All I know is that if your gun is short, you have to take steps to make it look bigger. I figure this kit is kind of like the proverbial stuffed sock in the pants...... ;-) I especially like the little stabby thing at the end.......as if a load of 12 gauge buckshot won’t hurt bad enough, here, let me poke you real hard too. :lol: But I don’t believe that full effect is achieved though unless you’re wearing a heavy biker jacket, have a German accent, and red glow-in-the-dark eyeballs that display data on the retinas.

Plus, the full length rail is pretty handy if you want to mount a US Optics long range sniper scope, or maybe a headlight off of an old Buick, or maybe even one of the early starlight scopes they used to put on the M2 carbines.........it can even double as a cheese grater for those late night grilled cheese Sammie’s in a fox hole. Who doesn’t remember those fondly?
Image


"It slices, it dices; it makes julienne fries in half the time"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image


Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Acronym Esq and 20 guests