Mossberg Shockwave

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 27

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

GreenMan0352 wrote:These are really fun! Also can work as a serious truck gun. I love mine
:iagree:

With the light / laser, mine is accurate out to 25 yards. Also, the scabbard that was recommended upthread is perfect for vehicle carry since it just barely covers the full weapon, without adding any unnecessary length. Mine just fits in the passenger wheel well of my BMW if I move the seat back slightly more than normal. From there it is fully concealed, and still an easy reach while I am driving.

nimravus01
Posts in topic: 12

Post by nimravus01 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: I put a Picatinny rail on the top of the Shockwave and then just mounted the TLR-2S to the rail. It's "upside down" but that only means you need to reverse the adjustments when sighting in the laser. Mine was close enough at 25 yards that I didn't bother making any adjustments.
Red or green laser? How easy is it to see and a aquire your target? Are the paddles easy to operate in that position, or, are you thinking of adding a pressure switch?

GreenMan0352
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GreenMan0352 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
GreenMan0352 wrote:These are really fun! Also can work as a serious truck gun. I love mine

With the light / laser, mine is accurate out to 25 yards. Also, the scabbard that was recommended upthread is perfect for vehicle carry since it just barely covers the full weapon, without adding any unnecessary length. Mine just fits in the passenger wheel well of my BMW if I move the seat back slightly more than normal. From there it is fully concealed, and still an easy reach while I am driving.
Nice! I really need to set mine up for truck carry that was the whole reason in me buying! If you don't mind me asking where did you order your scabbard from?

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 21

Post by carlson1 »

I changed my forend to a Magpul and added a Sure Fire underneath the forend. I added a Fast Fire on the top. I used slugs and "sighted it in from about 13-15 yards." These are a blast to shoot. I believe it is sufficiently for the truck and my hallway (if I don't grab the AR first).
IMG_7351.JPG

JRG
Posts in topic: 11

Post by JRG »

carlson1 wrote:I changed my forend to a Magpul and added a Sure Fire underneath the forend. I added a Fast Fire on the top. I used slugs and "sighted it in from about 13-15 yards." These are a blast to shoot. I believe it is sufficiently for the truck and my hallway (if I don't grab the AR first).
IMG_7351.JPG
That light on the fore end will definitely keep your front hand out of harms way.

Joe

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 14

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Just in case you want to spend even more money on your Shockwave, I give you this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... shockwave/
It only adds $214 to the cost of your Shockwave......or about another 50%.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

I finally picked one of these up today, on a whim while browsing the LGS. Call me paranoid, but I'm thinking after bump stocks, other things are going to be further scrutinized and it's cheap enough. Easy choice. I got the two tone, and it feels pretty easy to handle. I will try to get out and fire it in the next few weeks. I just hope it isn't as stout as the pistol grip Mossy 500. :lol:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 21

Post by carlson1 »

pbwalker wrote:I finally picked one of these up today, on a whim while browsing the LGS. Call me paranoid, but I'm thinking after bump stocks, other things are going to be further scrutinized and it's cheap enough. Easy choice. I got the two tone, and it feels pretty easy to handle. I will try to get out and fire it in the next few weeks. I just hope it isn't as stout as the pistol grip Mossy 500. :lol:
Total different animal. The birdshead grip to me is a lot easier.

dlh
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dlh »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Just in case you want to spend even more money on your Shockwave, I give you this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... shockwave/
Wow! Isn't that what The Terminator carried in that movie? :cool:
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 17

Post by puma guy »

carlson1 wrote:
pbwalker wrote:I finally picked one of these up today, on a whim while browsing the LGS. Call me paranoid, but I'm thinking after bump stocks, other things are going to be further scrutinized and it's cheap enough. Easy choice. I got the two tone, and it feels pretty easy to handle. I will try to get out and fire it in the next few weeks. I just hope it isn't as stout as the pistol grip Mossy 500. :lol:
Total different animal. The birdshead grip to me is a lot easier.
I've never shot a pistol grip SG, but I agree that the grip on the Shockwve is not bad. The strap on the forend helps. I can see that the physiology of shooting a pistol grip requires a different angle on the wrist. , while the bird's head has my wrist and hand aligned with my forearm.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 14

Post by The Annoyed Man »

dlh wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Just in case you want to spend even more money on your Shockwave, I give you this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... shockwave/
Could be.... I don’t know. All I know is that if your gun is short, you have to take steps to make it look bigger. I figure this kit is kind of like the proverbial stuffed sock in the pants...... ;-) I especially like the little stabby thing at the end.......as if a load of 12 gauge buckshot won’t hurt bad enough, here, let me poke you real hard too. :lol: But I don’t believe that full effect is achieved though unless you’re wearing a heavy biker jacket, have a German accent, and red glow-in-the-dark eyeballs that display data on the retinas.

Plus, the full length rail is pretty handy if you want to mount a US Optics long range sniper scope, or maybe a headlight off of an old Buick, or maybe even one of the early starlight scopes they used to put on the M2 carbines.........it can even double as a cheese grater for those late night grilled cheese Sammie’s in a fox hole. Who doesn’t remember those fondly?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

GreenMan0352 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

Nice! I really need to set mine up for truck carry that was the whole reason in me buying! If you don't mind me asking where did you order your scabbard from?
This is the scabbard I ordered. https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1699245 It works perfectly for me. Just (barely) covers the full length of the Shockwave, and fits perfectly in the passengers seat well of my car as long as I have the seat all the way back (I hardly ever have passengers in the back seats, so that isn't an issue for me).

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

nimravus01 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote: I put a Picatinny rail on the top of the Shockwave and then just mounted the TLR-2S to the rail. It's "upside down" but that only means you need to reverse the adjustments when sighting in the laser. Mine was close enough at 25 yards that I didn't bother making any adjustments.
Red or green laser? How easy is it to see and a aquire your target? Are the paddles easy to operate in that position, or, are you thinking of adding a pressure switch?
Mine is red. It shows up very clearly even when I have the light activated (there is a switch to choose light only, laser only, or light and laser). The paddle is super easy to operate, since it is just above my trigger finger when I pick up the gun.

GreenMan0352

Post by GreenMan0352 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
GreenMan0352 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

This is the scabbard I ordered. https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1699245 It works perfectly for me. Just (barely) covers the full length of the Shockwave, and fits perfectly in the passengers seat well of my car as long as I have the seat all the way back (I hardly ever have passengers in the back seats, so that isn't an issue for me).
Awesome thanks!

puma guy
Posts in topic: 17

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
dlh wrote:
Could be.... I don’t know. All I know is that if your gun is short, you have to take steps to make it look bigger. I figure this kit is kind of like the proverbial stuffed sock in the pants...... ;-) I especially like the little stabby thing at the end.......as if a load of 12 gauge buckshot won’t hurt bad enough, here, let me poke you real hard too. :lol: But I don’t believe that full effect is achieved though unless you’re wearing a heavy biker jacket, have a German accent, and red glow-in-the-dark eyeballs that display data on the retinas.

Plus, the full length rail is pretty handy if you want to mount a US Optics long range sniper scope, or maybe a headlight off of an old Buick, or maybe even one of the early starlight scopes they used to put on the M2 carbines.........it can even double as a cheese grater for those late night grilled cheese Sammie’s in a fox hole. Who doesn’t remember those fondly?
"It slices, it dices; it makes julienne fries in half the time"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”