Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Post by puma guy »

carlson1 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
puma guy wrote:My Shockwave in the Voodoo Tactical Scabbard. Need a short sling. I'll have to figure a way to attach the scabbard to the back of my front passenger seat in the truck. I have a case of Federal Flite Control #1 Buckshot shells to feed it.

How wide is the mouth of that scabbard? I have a side saddle shell holder on the Shockwave that I am keeping, and I think it will extend a few inches into the scabbard.
I have a shell card on the side of mine and it goes all the way in without a problem. I am not sure about the one Puma has.
I'll check the space. I was at my LGS and they were installing a shell holder on a Shockwave receiver for a customer. I bought some mini-shell slugs and an adapter. They have some buckshot ordered.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 21

Post by carlson1 »

puma guy wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
puma guy wrote:My Shockwave in the Voodoo Tactical Scabbard. Need a short sling. I'll have to figure a way to attach the scabbard to the back of my front passenger seat in the truck. I have a case of Federal Flite Control #1 Buckshot shells to feed it.

How wide is the mouth of that scabbard? I have a side saddle shell holder on the Shockwave that I am keeping, and I think it will extend a few inches into the scabbard.
I have a shell card on the side of mine and it goes all the way in without a problem. I am not sure about the one Puma has.
I'll check the space. I was at my LGS and they were installing a shell holder on a Shockwave receiver for a customer. I bought some mini-shell slugs and an adapter. They have some buckshot ordered.
The Voodoo Scabbard I ended up buying was for an 18" barrel. Having the Shotgun Card on the firearm it doesn't go all the way down, but goes in just enough to cover the trigger. I started using the Esstac Shotgun Card several years back. Buying industrial strength velcro from Home Depot for the Shotgun and the Card is easily removed if necessary.
https://www.skdtac.com/Esstac-Shotgun-C ... ss.106.htm

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I can't figure a good way to measure the space with the shotgun inserted. I put my hands inside and it wasn't that tight. I think a shell holder would fit with no problem.

Image Image

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

IMG_7241.JPG

AdioSS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AdioSS »

I have a question about that grip. I bought one, but it didn't come with the sling swivel or a plug for the hole. Is that piece available separately?

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

puma guy wrote:I can't figure a good way to measure the space with the shotgun inserted. I put my hands inside and it wasn't that tight. I think a shell holder would fit with no problem.

Image Image
Well the shell holder is just slightly wider than a 12 gauge shell, so I think it should work just fine. Thanks!

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Pawpaw »

A guy at the Mossberg Owners Forum found a very affordable NcSTAR scabbard that is plenty big enough =AND= covers the trigger guard.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.p ... ost-245984
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Took the Shockwave to the Range and ran 25 rounds through it. I shot 13 rounds of Spartan 2¾" 00 Buckshot and 12 rounds of Federal Flite Control LE #1 Buckshot. I used gloves for the first few rounds to get a feel for the gun, but it was a pain to reload with them so I abandoned that. Didn't really need them. I shot mostly with the SG at arms length in front of me just below shoulder height which seemed to be the best for me. I shot a few "aimed" with the butt about 8-10" in front of my face. I was surprised by the tight patterns of the Federal #1 buckshot in this short barrel, even at 50 feet. I shot mostly at 30-35 feet with both the #00 B and the #1 B. I was going to shoot at what I think is the 7 yard mark but I forgot to check at that range. I think for in close home defense I will use the Spartan 00 buck since it had a better spread at 30 feet. I wish I had checked at 21 feet. Recoil is not as bad as I thought it would be. The strap Mossberg puts on the forend is a definite help.
Spartan 00 Buck 30 feet

Federal Flite Control #1 Buck 30 feet

Federal Flite Control #1 Buck 50 feet

JRG
Posts in topic: 11

Post by JRG »

puma guy wrote:Took the Shockwave to the Range and ran 25 rounds through it. I shot 13 rounds of Spartan 2¾" 00 Buckshot and 12 rounds of Federal Flite Control LE #1 Buckshot. I used gloves for the first few rounds to get a feel for the gun, but it was a pain to reload with them so I abandoned that. Didn't really need them. I shot mostly with the SG at arms length in front of me just below shoulder height which seemed to be the best for me. I shot a few "aimed" with the butt about 8-10" in front of my face. I was surprised by the tight patterns of the Federal #1 buckshot in this short barrel, even at 50 feet. I shot mostly at 30-35 feet with both the #00 B and the #1 B. I was going to shoot at what I think is the 7 yard mark but I forgot to check at that range. I think for in close home defense I will use the Spartan 00 buck since it had a better spread at 30 feet. I wish I had checked at 21 feet. Recoil is not as bad as I thought it would be. The strap Mossberg puts on the forend is a definite help.
Spartan 00 Buck 30 feet

Federal Flite Control #1 Buck 30 feet

Federal Flite Control #1 Buck 50 feet
Either load will put a definite hurt on the bad guy!!

Joe

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I added a light / laser to mine and I just fire it from the hip. I'll try to get it to the range for some target pics but that likely won't be until Tuesday or Wednesday.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I posted this in another thread about my new 9mm pistol and thought I should put it here as well for anyone looking for Aguila mini-shells in buckshot loading. They have them in stock.
puma guy wrote:This website has Aguila Mini-Shell Buckshot.
https://www.ammofast.com/collections/12 ... -round-box

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I added a light / laser to mine and I just fire it from the hip. I'll try to get it to the range for some target pics but that likely won't be until Tuesday or Wednesday.
What mount did you use for your light? I used a GG&G mount and I am not really happy about the position or the light.
IMG_7274.JPG

nimravus01
Posts in topic: 12

Post by nimravus01 »

Finally got my hands on a box of Aguila mini shells. I bought the only box at the gun store in Gatesville. Looking forward to trying them out in my Shockwave. I already have the Opsol adapter. I'm ready to go.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

carlson1 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:I added a light / laser to mine and I just fire it from the hip. I'll try to get it to the range for some target pics but that likely won't be until Tuesday or Wednesday.
What mount did you use for your light? I used a GG&G mount and I am not really happy about the position or the light.
IMG_7274.JPG
I put a Picatinny rail on the top of the Shockwave and then just mounted the TLR-2S to the rail. It's "upside down" but that only means you need to reverse the adjustments when sighting in the laser. Mine was close enough at 25 yards that I didn't bother making any adjustments.

GreenMan0352
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GreenMan0352 »

These are really fun! Also can work as a serious truck gun. I love mine

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”