Range day new gun! Succes!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Range day new gun! Succes!

Post by cmgee67 »

Picked up my Shield 45 today and went and put 100 rounds of American eagle 230gr and 50 of the monarch brass and not a single failure! Shoots very good and is not that snappy to me. I love the way a 45 shoots it's my favorite caliber. I didn't have an HST's to put through it so this weekend I'll get some and put a couple boxes of those through it. I'm also going to throw another 50 rounds of FMJ's through it then I'll clean it load it and add it to the rotation. If your thinkin about getting one you won't be disappointed.

Topic author
cmgee67

Re: Range day new gun! Succes!

Post by cmgee67 »

Oh yes I love it. I have my holster and mag carrier on order for it. Everybody I have talked to and seen reviews and videos of seem to love it as much as me. I can't wait to start carrying it. I took a couple videos but didn't get pics of my shooting. I do have a couple pics of it laying on my table lookin sexy tho

Lena
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lena »

I have the same and about 300 rounds in it runs perfect so far, great to carry If I could just leave my Glock 32 alone. I really like the Shield 45 bit sure wish they had it in 357SIG
Stay Safe

skeathley

Re: Range day new gun! Success!

Post by skeathley »

The Shield has been a great seller for S&W, with over 1,000,000 shipped. I have the 9mm, and recommend it to students. It is thin enough to conceal easily, but long enough to be reasonably accurate at 10-15 yards. The trigger is not as good as my CZs, but good enough for an emergency, and reliability is exceptional.

While I usually carry in an IWB holster, it is small enough to fit a pocket holster without looking odd.

The .45 is not much bigger than the 9mm/.40.
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Hot Dawg

Post by Hot Dawg »

My wife has the Shield in 9mm & tonight when I got home says she want one in 45 also.

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Get one for her and you! I got home tonight and compared it size wise to my normal edc my Glock 19 and wow what a difference in thinness and ergonomics. The trigger is wayyyy better in the 45 version than the 9 and 40 not to mention the perfectly done factory stipple job

dlh

Post by dlh »

Will check out the Shield in .45 ACP.

I already have a Glock 30 (.45 ACP) and love it though it is slightly on the heavy side compared to my Glock 26 (9 mm.). I certainly notice the weight difference on an every-day carry basis.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”