US SOCOM chooses Magpul's M-Lok system

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: US SOCOM chooses Magpul's M-Lok system

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have rifles with both keymod and M-lok rails on them, and I'm impressed with the M-lok system and will be buying those going forward.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 1

Post by troglodyte »

I don't have any Keymods but I was drawn to the M-loks for a couple of reasons.

1) I didn't like the idea that the screw(s) on the Keymod might loosen enough for the rail section to slide out. I've worked with enough key-hole devices to know they can look, and even feel, tight but if you bump it wrong it pops out. If the M-lok loosens up it will rattle enough to let you know there is a problem before the screws completely lose grip. I don't know how much of a real problem this is, especially using Loctite, but I didn't see the need to tempt fate.

2) Purely cosmetic but I feel the M-lok is a cleaner look.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

troglodyte wrote:I don't have any Keymods but I was drawn to the M-loks for a couple of reasons.

1) I didn't like the idea that the screw(s) on the Keymod might loosen enough for the rail section to slide out. I've worked with enough key-hole devices to know they can look, and even feel, tight but if you bump it wrong it pops out. If the M-lok loosens up it will rattle enough to let you know there is a problem before the screws completely lose grip. I don't know how much of a real problem this is, especially using Loctite, but I didn't see the need to tempt fate.

2) Purely cosmetic but I feel the M-lok is a cleaner look.
I just found the M-Lok easier to install and take off. The Keymod stuff I have all has a sort of hook on the end of whatever it is. When you slide the tenon or whatever you call it into the keymod hole all the way, the hook slips over the edge of the next hole in line, and the attaching screw would have to back all the way off and fall out practically before the accessory came loose and fell off. So I found it secure enough......just a pain to work with. The M-Lok is a tidier and easier system. I agree that the handguards/rails look cleaner with the M-Lok slots.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”