Time for a Shield!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Time for a Shield!

Post by flechero »

AndyC wrote:Thanks, but in stock might be nice :mrgreen:
fyi the .45 acp shield is back in stock at PSA...

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TreyHouston »

Prices going up on em now- 319.99 for .45
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

rob777
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rob777 »

Ordered mine yesterday in 9mm. By the time all is said and done my cost will be under $250 ($290 + shipping + FFL - rebate)
"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

striker55

Post by striker55 »

TreyHouston wrote:Prices going up on em now- 319.99 for .45
I saw that also but I got an email today from Palmetto and it's still $299.99, must be a sale.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Just ordered my 45 shield had it shipped to defconguns in NW houston! 299.99 + 17 shipping :eek6 I will still qualify for the $75 rebate! :eek6 :eek6
:thewave

striker55

Post by striker55 »

TreyHouston wrote:Just ordered my 45 shield had it shipped to defconguns in NW houston! 299.99 + 17 shipping :eek6 I will still qualify for the $75 rebate! :eek6 :eek6
When you get it leave the empty mag in it and lock the slide back. Let it sit like that for a few days, if you don't you will think something is wrong because it is very hard to lock the slide back. The spring is very stiff. Cleaning the factory grease and oil it will help. Also you will find the magazine springs are very stiff, load those up and let them sit also. I would recommend a Uplula mag loader. Gun shoots great, trigger is pretty nice. Enjoy!

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

striker55 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:Just ordered my 45 shield had it shipped to defconguns in NW houston! 299.99 + 17 shipping :eek6 I will still qualify for the $75 rebate! :eek6 :eek6
When you get it leave the empty mag in it and lock the slide back. Let it sit like that for a few days, if you don't you will think something is wrong because it is very hard to lock the slide back. The spring is very stiff. Cleaning the factory grease and oil it will help. Also you will find the magazine springs are very stiff, load those up and let them sit also. I would recommend a Uplula mag loader. Gun shoots great, trigger is pretty nice. Enjoy!
Thanks for the advice! I will do! I have tried to hand load the 9mm shield mag (friends), i ordered the Uplula mag loader BEFORE i even ordered the gun! :thumbs2: thanks again!

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Rebates expire Friday at midnight eastern time!

I broke down and bought another 9mm Shield today when Palmetto State Armory advertised them for $319.99 with an instant coupon for $45 off and free shipping for sale price of $274.99. Shipping to a FFL charging $10 for LTC holders, so final price after $75 rebate will be $210.00!

Also, saw on S&W forums that people have started receiving their rebate checks from when they submitted the requests in early April.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rentz
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rentz »

Finally got my shield 45 out to the range, ran it side by side with the 9mm.
I found the trigger on the 45 to be heavier or more accurately stiffer (might loosen some over time )
Shoots just as good as the 9mm with just a hair more recoil, after 50rounds the aggressive grip texture will certainly rub your palm raw. Will need some more work to nail down the site picture but I'll do that after I add night sights

Fed everything flawlessly tested hornandy and federal hst
As said before, the springs are really stiff out of the box.

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 3

Post by maverick2076 »

My friend who owns a gun shop told me that the rebate is going to be extended, although I haven't seen an official announcement yet.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”