So....Does anyone still shoot .40 ????

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

aaangel
Posts in topic: 3

Re: So....Does anyone still shoot .40 ????

Post by aaangel »

Excaliber wrote:
aaangel wrote:
Excaliber wrote:It's important to change the ejector because the .40 ejector bends inward a bit and on a really bad day could hit the primer of a live 9mm cartridge during ejection with unpleasant results.
im confused! i have it the other way around. i installed a "curved leg" ejector in my 31 with my DD 40-9 conversion barrel. i thought you needed it to curved a little bit in order to reach the smaller 9mm casing. i've been doing it all wrong????http://www.zombieprepwiki.com/page/Glock+%22Mutt%22
I just looked at the two parts again and you're right - I explained it exactly backwards.

Thanks for catching that.
whew thanks! i was getting ready to get my money back from this guy "rlol"
OP sorry for the distraction now back to your regular programming.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

FL450
Posts in topic: 1

Post by FL450 »

EDC- Sig P250 40 cal 13+1
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

HadEmAll

Post by HadEmAll »

I carry 9mm, .45 ACP, and .357 mag on occasion, but my most often carried caliber is still .40. I really do think it's the best combination of capacity and power of the four.

I just counted and found, just for comparison sake, that I have 6 9mms, 4 .45s, 4 .357s, and 8 .40s.

I use various Rem, Win, and Fed 155 grain JHPs at 1150-1200 fps in my "big" .40s, and Corbon 135 grain JHPs at 1200-1260 fps in my "little" .40s.

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

My EDC for about two years was Sig 250P until I bought my Glock 30SF which is now my EDC, but to answer the original question, yes, I still shoot my .40. :fire
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

mot7981

Post by mot7981 »

Just thought I’d throw this out there for all you 40 guys in the DFW area. If you haven't noticed, Wayne has a S&W 40 Sigma for sale on this site. It looks to be in very good shape and includes some target and defense ammo as well for a great price. It may not be your gun of choice but for the $$ it would be an awesome tool box, glove box, leave at the farm, truck gun. Now back to the discussion.
:tiphat:

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

The .40 still works.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

karder

Post by karder »

I am a fan of the .40. I regularly carry an HK VP40 which is a heck of a gun.

Maybe it is my imagination, but I feel like the .40 caliber guns designed within the last decade, are much easier to shoot and less snappy than the original .40 pistols. I have an old USP .40, which is highly reliable and accurate, but quite snappy. I never really enjoyed shooting it, though I was always pleased with the results. Comparatively, my Beretta 96 seems far less snappy and my VP40 is pleasant. I am guessing that changes in ergonomics and well as some buffering have been employed, but maybe I have just shot so much .40 that I am used to it.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

One on my belt, another on my night stand. :thumbs2:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”