Avenger Arms in Stafford

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

rotor
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Avenger Arms in Stafford

Post by rotor »

avenger arms wrote:Here at Avenger Arms we have heard and read everyone's comments about our 30.06 sign. As the owner I have decided to take it down
last week. We hope the resolves the issues of our potential customers. Now that the sign is down we can't wait for all of you to rush in
and support us. Thank you
Smart move to remove signs. I suggest you go to https://www.texas3006.com/ to notify them that you are no longer 30.06 posted.

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 3

Post by maverick2076 »

Glad to see your signs are down. Now I feel comfortable coming back for my next round of engraving. I'm glad, too, because y'all did a good job. Personally, I couldn't care less which of y'all owns what. I can only report the two differing stories given to me by you and your partner. The rest of it is really between y'all.

txglock21
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txglock21 »

avenger arms wrote:Here at Avenger Arms we have heard and read everyone's comments about our 30.06 sign. As the owner I have decided to take it down
last week. We hope the resolves the issues of our potential customers. Now that the sign is down we can't wait for all of you to rush in
Thank you for removing the offensive signs. Although I don't live in your area, if I ever am, I will be sure to stop in. :tiphat:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Whoa...just saw my post number (666) and had to get off that number. Sorry for wasted post, back to your normal thread! :mrgreen:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 9

Post by bblhd672 »

Will you also be removing the Facebook post that still says the signs are up?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Vol Texan »

rotor wrote:
Smart move to remove signs. I suggest you go to https://www.texas3006.com/ to notify them that you are no longer 30.06 posted.
I'll remove the entry from the Texas3006.com site today.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

avenger arms
Posts in topic: 4

Post by avenger arms »

bblhd672 wrote:
Will you also be removing the Facebook post that still says the signs are up?
Yes we will.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jusme »

Welcome to the forum avenger arms!! :tiphat:

As you can probably tell we are pretty enthusiastic when signs come down that prohibit us from carrying. I can understand the fear, of having people walk in with loaded guns to trade, or have work done on them. I saw a great possible solution on another site, where the guns store had chamber flags available just outside the door for people to use to ensure they were unloaded before entering. Just a thought.

Stick around and you will find that we are a great group of folks to get to know.!! :clapping:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 17

Post by TVGuy »

I commend you on removing the signs. They should have never been up in the first place, but we can all get past that. Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest taking a look at item #18 in the forum rules section though...you're going to have to come up with a different name.

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Its good to see business owners listening to their customers, no matter what business they are in. Out of curiosity, and if you don't mind sharing with the crowd, what made you change your mind? Was it just comments from this board? Comments from other forums? Comments from the store customers? Fakebook? Combination of all?

I wish other business owners would listen more. Thank you sir for listening to your customers and I wish you continued success.
Just some guy's opinion.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Thank you! I should be swinging by tomorrow!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

rotor

Post by rotor »

Jusme wrote:Welcome to the forum avenger arms!! :tiphat:

As you can probably tell we are pretty enthusiastic when signs come down that prohibit us from carrying. I can understand the fear, of having people walk in with loaded guns to trade, or have work done on them. I saw a great possible solution on another site, where the guns store had chamber flags available just outside the door for people to use to ensure they were unloaded before entering. Just a thought.

Stick around and you will find that we are a great group of folks to get to know.!! :clapping:
What? Pull your gun out, unload and put a chamber flag in?

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

rotor wrote:

Only a gun you would taking in to trade, buy accessories for, or have gunsmith work performed. Your carry gun would still be safely ensconced in a holster. There are numerous accounts of people walking in with guns to be handled, and they are loaded.
The chamber flags would be for those guns, so that the customer could make sure they aren't loaded, and give the store personell peace of mind.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I found the place I saw this. It is Top guns in Indiana.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Jusme wrote:
rotor wrote:

Only a gun you would taking in to trade, buy accessories for, or have gunsmith work performed. Your carry gun would still be safely ensconced in a holster. There are numerous accounts of people walking in with guns to be handled, and they are loaded.
The chamber flags would be for those guns, so that the customer could make sure they aren't loaded, and give the store personell peace of mind.
My mistake for not fully understanding your post.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”