Does your carry gun make you happy

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Does your carry gun make you happy

Post by Ameer »

AndyC wrote:My next one will make me happy :)
:thumbs2: and there's always a next one.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

Mine sure does .
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

RogerPease

Post by RogerPease »

I have a Colt Mustang XSP. This little ball of furry makes me happy and teaches me a lot of things every day. I feel safe and secure in walking around with my carry gun. At under a pound fully loaded, this pistol is very tiny and. My husband has Glock 26/27 and he loves this beautiful machine a lot. You can imagine our love for guns from the fact that we have named our guns and we talk about ‘em like, “I am taking Dolly to the mall with us.”

https://solidgear.net/holsters/
Last edited by RogerPease on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

RogerPease wrote:I have a Colt Mustang XSP. This little ball of furry makes me happy and teaches me a lot of things every day. I feel safe and secure in walking around with my carry gun. At under a pound fully loaded, this pistol is very tiny and very concealable. My husband has Glock 26/27 and he loves this beautiful machine a lot. You can imagine our love for guns from the fact that we have named our guns and we talk about ‘em like, “I am taking Dolly to the mall with us.”
Well welcome to the Forum, I hope that you get as much out of the this forum as I have.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

Not really, I'm always on a quest for something better. Been eyeballing a Sig p938.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I too think happy is not the right adjective. My carry gun makes me feel secure, prepared, confident, and protected. But not happy. Do I enjoy owning it and carrying it? Yes, but I would enjoy more not needing it at all. I once told someone in a discussion about carrying that a gun is like a fire extinguisher. You hope you never need it, but you have one just in case.

Now as to being happy or content with my choice of EDC, are any of us every really so content that we never, ever, look at something else? :lol: I certainly can't claim that. I have three that I regularly rotate depending on how I have to dress that day, and what I am going to be doing. Even now I'm getting the itch to upgrade one of those three.
Last edited by Lynyrd on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Although I am satisfied with my choice(s) of carry guns, it's not the guns that make me happy; it's the fact that I can carry one that makes me happy.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

No, I am not happy.

When somebody comes out with a handgun with the size and recoil of a .25 ACP and the capacity and stopping power of a .50 M2 Browning Machine Gun, then I will be happy :).

Until then, the Glock 43 or Glock 17 9mm I carry everyday will suffice I guess :tiphat:

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

G40yes

Post by G40yes »

TAM wrote:
Although I am satisfied with my choice(s) of carry guns, it's not the guns that make me happy; it's the fact that I can carry one that makes me happy.
I agree completely with TAM, the freedom to carry makes me happy. I still hope for a change in my employment rules that would allow me to carry there too. I'm satisfied with my first carry option, my G19.4. :coolgleamA:
.. tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Not having one or more carry guns on me (with one or more extra magazines) makes me feel like I am not completely dressed, just as I feel if I don't have a suitable edged tool, keys, watch, phone, wallet or climate and activity-appropriate clothing. Each of these is part of my preparedness for the day. While I don't expect to use everything I have on me each day, with these tools (along with the knowledge, practiced skill and attitude to use them appropriately) I am better prepared to meet whatever challenges I end up being faced with.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Happy to have it if I need it. I did need it one time when a pitbull charged me, I didn't use it but I was confident to confront the dog, plus my fat tire bicycle helped also.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Deleted
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero

Post by flechero »

Jusme wrote:

:iagree:

I don't know that "happy" is the proper adjective.

Comforted was the word that came to mind for me.

Although I'm happy when on the range, shooting my gun... but that's a recreational activity. :fire

JRG

Post by JRG »

Happy?

No, but carrying my own personal protection is VERY comforting.

Joe

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”