Ammo from BiteTheBullet.co

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Ammo from BiteTheBullet.co

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I just got my recent order in from BiteTheBullet.co, a Las Vegas, Nevada ammunition manufacturer. The price was right: 1000 rounds of remanufactured .223/5.56 55 grain FMJ for $259.99, and 1000 rounds of 9mm 115 grain ball for $164.99. No sales tax charged, but $33.50 for shipping in a 51 lbs......so the order totaled $458.48. Just by way of comparison, FreedomMunitions.com would have cost me $470.00 for the same ammo, not counting $7.50 flat rate shipping (cheapest way) and $38.78 sales tax for a total order of $508.78. The order was placed on 3/21 and arrived today, 21 days later. On the home page, their website says:
CURRENT LEAD TIMES: CURRENT LEAD TIME ON ALL NEW ORDERS IS 7-14 BUSINESS DAYS ON ALL NEW ORDERS FROM THE DAY ITS ORDERED. WE ONLY COUNT MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
My order was received 15 business days after ordered.

The ammo arrived in two sealed plastic bags, shipped in a large (5 gallon?) white plastic "Freedom Bucket". The brass is "like new" clean and shiny. Upon examination, the .223 brass (maybe actually 5.56) appears to be predominantly or all headstamped Lake City, and the 9mm brass bore either the Federal Cartridge or Winchester headstamp.

BiteTheBullet's description of the rifle ammo says:
Remanufactured 223 / 5.56 55gr Hornady FMJ. We list these as 223/5.56 because they will properly cycle both platforms. Made with Once fired brass, Hornady projectile, clean double base ball powder, and a CCI primer. Highest quality you'll find at these wholesale prices. Period.
Their description of the pistol ammo says:
Remanufactured 9mm 115gr RN / FMJ. NATO brass, clean double base ball powder, CCI primer. These rounds are some of the best inexpensive plinkers in the business. See why these are our number one sellers. Always ran through our state of the art QC machine before they come to you.

Their selection of calibers and bullets is a little bit limited, but the prices are right and the quality seems to be pretty good. I would certainly recommend them as an alternative source for anybody who orders bulk ammo online.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

twjones

Re: Ammo from BiteTheBullet.co

Post by twjones »

Thanks for info...added to my favorites list... always looking for places to purchase bulk ammo online.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Did you count the number of rounds? I have found that I am frequently shorted a bit when I buy in bulk packs online. Not a huge shortage, typically something like 960-980 instead of 1,000.

And yes, I am a bit anal.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

TAM,

What money percentage would you approximate you save over never been fired factory loads?

I fully appreciate without an exact cost to compare to, it's a tough approximation to make.

How can you be certain of it's ballistics being close enough to factory loads and most importantly, how can you be assured of it's quality?

I ask because I've always been a bit distrustful of commercial reloads in general, but your trust in them has me reconsidering.

Thanks!

Thanks

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Nice ammo shelf!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ntexaschl

Post by ntexaschl »

My order from BiteTheBullet.com arrived yesterday. Very pleased with it. The order was for 1000 rds of .223, and, not a round was missing.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”