J-Frame AIWB Holster Review

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

J-Frame AIWB Holster Review

Post by carlson1 »

I have never posted a review on anything so here it goes. Please bear with me and my descriptions. This Holster is from Barber Leather works. It is a S&W Tuckable single clip holster.
http://www.barberleatherworks.com/insto ... oship.html

I carry a J-Frame just about 95% of the time while in the house. I like the AIWB holster or the Clip Draw. I have never found a holster that I just really liked 100%. I absolutely love leather and not real fond of kydex. I found the Barber Leather Works by a Google search. I took a chance (pretty expensive for me) and ordered it. The first thing is they have probably the best customer service I have ever dealt with. They are very knowledgeable and did not hesitate to answer all of my questions. The holster was in stock and it arrived about four days later. It is very well made and the clip (I usually like loops/snaps better) is very robust. I wore it some around the house for a few days and then I wore it up to my office some. I have wore it as a BUG when having my primary in a shoulder holster. When drawing the revolver the holster remains open making it easy to reholster although I am not for one who worries about reholstering very quickly. The revolver rides in the holster just a little above the belt which gives you plenty of room to get a good grip on the gun before you draw.

I have had the holster now for about three months and I can't say enough good about it. I would mind trying some more of his holsters.
Attachments
J Frame Holster.JPG
J Frame Holster - 1.JPG

No Quarter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: J-Frame AIWB Holster Review

Post by No Quarter »

Carlson,

Good looking holster. Last time i met you, probably early 2000's before I moved from Irving, I remember you being of similar build to me. Do you find the AIWB style carry to work ok for you at a desk or in general just doing regular stuff around the house? I have been wanting to try it, but wonder of the butt of the gun would bug me after a regular day of activity. I carry a J frame as well when just puttering around.

Thanks,

NQ

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: J-Frame AIWB Holster Review

Post by carlson1 »

No Quarter wrote:Carlson,

Good looking holster. Last time i met you, probably early 2000's before I moved from Irving, I remember you being of similar build to me. Do you find the AIWB style carry to work ok for you at a desk or in general just doing regular stuff around the house? I have been wanting to try it, but wonder of the butt of the gun would bug me after a regular day of activity. I carry a J frame as well when just puttering around.

Thanks,

NQ
I find it best about the 1:00 - 1:30 position. I also carry a 3.5" 1911 with a spare mag in a INCOG holster at the same position. It works great sitting and I like the access I have while in a vehicle.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”