Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen2 9mm

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen2 9mm

Post by rotor »

For those that want one, Target Sports USA has 47 in stock ( as of this posting) for $450 with free shipping.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/kel-tec ... 58691.aspx

Hard to find these. Hope I am posting in right area.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen2 9mm

Post by bblhd672 »

I already have one of this model which uses Glock mags. I'm on lookout for the S&W magazine model so my handgun and Sub2k use the same mag.

If I can't find the S&W I've decided that I'm going to have to buy a Glock 19 to add to my handgun inventory.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Thanks for posting. I am holding out for one in flat dark earth that accepts S&W magazines. ;-)
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

rotor wrote:For those that want one, Target Sports USA has 47 in stock ( as of this posting) for $450 with free shipping.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/kel-tec ... 58691.aspx

Hard to find these. Hope I am posting in right area.
Just bought one. Thanks.

I will be listing my .40 cal version for sale shortly. It is the only gun that I have in that caliber.

Topic author
rotor

Post by rotor »

bblhd672 wrote:I already have one of this model which uses Glock mags. I'm on lookout for the S&W magazine model so my handgun and Sub2k use the same mag.

If I can't find the S&W I've decided that I'm going to have to buy a Glock 19 to add to my handgun inventory.
I can't recall ever seeing one that took S&W mags although someone must have one for sale. Glock version even works with Magpul mags. I think you will probably end up with a Glock 19. The Glock 33 round mags are very nice. $25 on sale at Midway right now.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Why'd you have to post this ????
I own one in black Glock 19 model
Just Ordered the NICKLE BORON finish in Glock 17 model (They got 30 in this afternoon, 27 left now
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/kel-tec ... 59082.aspx

I was going to wait for Tan Nickle Boron in Glock 19 model, but ... oh well I might get paid again and get it too ...
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/kel-tec-m-49.aspx#

Thanks for posting it, good price !!! :tiphat:

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

rotor wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:I already have one of this model which uses Glock mags. I'm on lookout for the S&W magazine model so my handgun and Sub2k use the same mag.

I can't recall ever seeing one that took S&W mags although someone must have one for sale. Glock version even works with Magpul mags. I think you will probably end up with a Glock 19. The Glock 33 round mags are very nice. $25 on sale at Midway right now.
The KelTec web site has all the details. I've found the M&P 9 in FDE, but usually for over $500. I'm holding out for a lower price.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/626474917
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

They didn't originally have the one I just bought, but i put my email address in the "notify me when in stock" they got in 30 and they emailed me, I hesitated a few minutes, saw they sold 2 in minutes and bought one quickly>> they notified me when it came in stock first time I bought at https://www.targetsportsusa.com but I'm impressed so far, the directions to enter your FFL as shipping address could be clearer, but I've bought online before so I knew. link to find an FFL list by zip code is at bottom of pages and the one I always use was listed there

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I bought mine a couple of months ago - flat dark earth, Glock 17 mags.

I have zero regrets. One thing to be aware of...... Since windage is managed by adjusting the front sight post left or right, check that your front sight block is properly timed to the rear sight. Mine was off slightly, causing me to adjust the front sight post all the way left. Fortunately, you can loosen a nut in front of the sight post, and rotate the sight block in the proper direction to time it to the rear sight, and then tighten the nut again. It will require a bench vise and some torque, but it is doable.

Other than that, if nothing else, this is a really fun gun.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”