Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Springfield XDE?

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Liberty wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
RossA wrote:I'm talking about Condition One, loaded chamber, cocked hammer, thumb safety on.
I think the question is whether you can activate the thumb safety and still have it cocked. If so, then it would be less safe than carrying a 1911 in condition one since there is no grip safety.

It would be helpful to know the SA and DA trigger pull weights. If the SA is close to Glock's 5.5 pounds, that might change the answer on relative safety.
The safety doubles as a decocker. ( one of the videos stated it was so) Typically with such gun, the hammer can't be cocked while in safe mode.
That is not the case with my Taurus 809. You can cock the hammer and leave the safety on. The safety can be activated while the hammer is dropped in DA mode as well.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

allisji wrote:
Liberty wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
RossA wrote:I'm talking about Condition One, loaded chamber, cocked hammer, thumb safety on.
I think the question is whether you can activate the thumb safety and still have it cocked. If so, then it would be less safe than carrying a 1911 in condition one since there is no grip safety.

It would be helpful to know the SA and DA trigger pull weights. If the SA is close to Glock's 5.5 pounds, that might change the answer on relative safety.
The safety doubles as a decocker. ( one of the videos stated it was so) Typically with such gun, the hammer can't be cocked while in safe mode.
on this particular one, it can be carried cocked and locked. But I would carry decocked and safety off. Like I do my Sig

This is how I may carry this as well (decocked, chambered, safety off), and one reason my interest is piqued...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bitter Clinger »

allisji wrote:
Liberty wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

on this particular one, it can be carried cocked and locked. But I would carry decocked and safety off. Like I do my Sig

Thanks for posting!!!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Lambda Force
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lambda Force »

Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”