Remington's Shockwave

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Remington's Shockwave

Post by JRG »

Remington has just introduced it's own version of the shockwave firearm. Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2017/04/reming ... z4fYMxrzWq

Remington Introduce Model 870 Tac-14 – Featuring 14in. Barrel No Tax Stamp Required

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Remington's Shockwave

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Still no more legal in Texas than Mossberg's. :grumble

http://blog.uslawshield.com/tag/mossberg-shockwave/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Still no more legal in Texas than Mossberg's. :grumble

And no less legal, either, I presume. Mossberg's firearm is not illegal in Texas. That would be up to a judge and jury to decide and it would depend greatly on exactly where the case was decided, IMHO.

The Annoyed Man

Soccerdad1995 wrote:

And no less legal, either, I presume. Mossberg's firearm is not illegal in Texas. That would be up to a judge and jury to decide and it would depend greatly on exactly where the case was decided, IMHO.
Hey, as long as you're willing to be the test case. I am not a lawyer. The folks at uslawshield.com are lawyers. It's not that I think these "mare's leg shotguns" aren't cool.....I'd like to have one.....it's that I'm not willing to be the test case. And as has been pointed out in the "Mossberg Shockwave" thread, many Texas FFLs who had ordered them, are returning them to Mossberg until there is some kind of definitive answer from the TAG. ALSO as has been pointed out in that thread, the TAG's answer is that it is entirely a prosecutorial decision at the local level.......which leaves the door open for any ambitious DA to throw the book at you AND WIN. And after he/she has won your felony conviction, you'll lose your right to own ANY gun in Texas, as well as your LTC.

I want the Shockwave and the Tac-14 to be legal in Texas. I'm just not willing to risk it myself that it is right now. Until it is definitively pronounced "legal in Texas" by the TAG's office, I'll just stick to putting a regular pistol grip on an 18" barreled shotgun and leave it at that, if I want that sort of thing. The overall length will be virtually the same.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

The Annoyed Man wrote: And as has been pointed out in the "Mossberg Shockwave" thread, many Texas FFLs who had ordered them, are returning them to Mossberg until there is some kind of definitive answer from the TAG.

Yep. Note currently on the Shockwave page at Buds Guns

***We're currently not shipping this firearm to CA, NY, NJ, MA, MD, TX or OH*** - See more at: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... OlUGk.dpuf
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

Hey, as long as you're willing to be the test case. I am not a lawyer. The folks at uslawshield.com are lawyers. It's not that I think these "mare's leg shotguns" aren't cool.....I'd like to have one.....it's that I'm not willing to be the test case. And as has been pointed out in the "Mossberg Shockwave" thread, many Texas FFLs who had ordered them, are returning them to Mossberg until there is some kind of definitive answer from the TAG. ALSO as has been pointed out in that thread, the TAG's answer is that it is entirely a prosecutorial decision at the local level.......which leaves the door open for any ambitious DA to throw the book at you AND WIN. And after he/she has won your felony conviction, you'll lose your right to own ANY gun in Texas, as well as your LTC.

I want the Shockwave and the Tac-14 to be legal in Texas. I'm just not willing to risk it myself that it is right now. Until it is definitively pronounced "legal in Texas" by the TAG's office, I'll just stick to putting a regular pistol grip on an 18" barreled shotgun and leave it at that, if I want that sort of thing. The overall length will be virtually the same.
I think you and I are in violent agreement on this. Right now, it's not legal, and it's not illegal. It hasn't been decided one way or the other. That's all I'm saying.

And I am the person who posted the response from the OAG to the question I asked them. They aren't going to rule on the definition of a "short barreled shotgun". So we will likely not have an answer until there is a "test case". That, or an amendment to add a definition of "shotgun" to Texas law.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Syntyr wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote: And as has been pointed out in the "Mossberg Shockwave" thread, many Texas FFLs who had ordered them, are returning them to Mossberg until there is some kind of definitive answer from the TAG.

***We're currently not shipping this firearm to CA, NY, NJ, MA, MD, TX or OH*** - See more at: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... OlUGk.dpuf
It sure warms my insides* to see Texas listed right there along with California, New York, and those other like minded states. Apparently Chicago has more gun freedom than we do on this since Illinois is not listed.

* That warmth is probably a result of my blood boiling...

The Annoyed Man

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Syntyr wrote:

It sure warms my insides* to see Texas listed right there along with California, New York, and those other like minded states. Apparently Chicago has more gun freedom than we do on this since Illinois is not listed.

Hey, I'm right there with you......in "violent agreement". :mrgreen: BTW, I didn't go back to see that it was you who had posted the AG's response, so I apologize for failing to acknowledge that. I find the whole thing very frustrating. In the meantime, wouldn't a regular pistol grip on an 18" shotgun circumvent the problem, and still leave you with a firearm of approximately equal length to the Mossberg or Remington shortie?

#TINVOWOOT

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Syntyr wrote:

Hey, I'm right there with you......in "violent agreement". :mrgreen: BTW, I didn't go back to see that it was you who had posted the AG's response, so I apologize for failing to acknowledge that. I find the whole thing very frustrating. In the meantime, wouldn't a regular pistol grip on an 18" shotgun circumvent the problem, and still leave you with a firearm of approximately equal length to the Mossberg or Remington shortie?
It would. Supposedly the shockwave is easier on the wrist, though.

Maybe we can get Mossberg and Remington to come out with state compliant versions that have a longer barrel for those of us who live in state's where gun rights are more restricted. Leave it to the lucky folks in gun loving places like Washington DC and Chicago to buy the shorter barrel version.

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Leave it to the lucky folks in gun loving places like Washington DC and Chicago to buy the shorter barrel version.

Now thats just plain wrong! :banghead: :mad5
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longhorn_92 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

I think you and I are in violent agreement on this. Right now, it's not legal, and it's not illegal. It hasn't been decided one way or the other. That's all I'm saying.

And I am the person who posted the response from the OAG to the question I asked them. They aren't going to rule on the definition of a "short barreled shotgun". So we will likely not have an answer until there is a "test case". That, or an amendment to add a definition of "shotgun" to Texas law.
Schrödinger's Shotgun...
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

The Annoyed Man

longhorn_92 wrote:Schrödinger's Shotgun...
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!! "rlol"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”