Think twice about Springfield and RRA

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
remington79
Posts in topic: 3

Think twice about Springfield and RRA

Post by remington79 »

Think twice before you buy a Springfield Armory or a Rock River Arms. They withdrew opposition to an Illinois gun control bill in exchange for an exemption to the law. After they withdrew their opposition the bill passed the state Senate by one vote.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/ ... carve-out/
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Re: Think twice about Springfield and RRA

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Well, thats a shame. The XDE looked interesting.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

I have never understood why so many manufacturers continue to keep their manufacturing, sales, and distribution in States that continually restrict rights. Magpul moved out of Colorado, and only after they got a huge government contract, did Colorado realize their stupidity.
If these manufacturers really cared about the 2A, they would all move to places like Texas, where they could make anything they wanted, and refuse to make State compliant firearms for States that restrict rights.
We are the voice that can send a message, and refuse to purchase guns from companies who cave to States who want to wrest control, but still allow manufacturers to sell whatever they want to places who respect our rights. Their profits are directly reliant upon us.
JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
remington79

Post by remington79 »

Remington is slowly pulling out of New York. A while ago they opened a plant in Tennessee or Alabama. I can't remember which one. All new production is there now. I think Ruger may still have their headquarters in CT but they now make their guns in New Hampshire and Arizona.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ninjabread »

Jusme wrote:If these manufacturers really cared about the 2A, they would all move to places like Texas, where they could make anything they wanted, and refuse to make State compliant firearms for States that restrict rights.
They're better off moving to a state where the Mossy Shockwave is legal and people who jump through circus hoops to get a license can carry in an amusement park, etc.

JMHO
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

strogg

Post by strogg »

ninjabread wrote:
Jusme wrote:If these manufacturers really cared about the 2A, they would all move to places like Texas, where they could make anything they wanted, and refuse to make State compliant firearms for States that restrict rights.
They're better off moving to a state where the Mossy Shockwave is legal and people who jump through circus hoops to get a license can carry in an amusement park, etc.

JMHO
At this point, that looks like Arizona. I'm always envious of them and their simple gun laws.

Shame on Springfield and RRA. Until they shape up, they are on my no-buy list. Fortunately for me that's an easy one as I have no interest in either of the companies' current offerings. I wonder if they realize they'll end up getting the short end of the stick regardless. On the bright side for the Chicago hoodlums, this new law won't affect their "business's" bottom line whatsoever :roll:

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Sure looks like the new SA XDe is going to be DOA as a result. Used to own a nice RRA AR, but no more. I'll never buy from either of these companies again. They're both getting eviscerated on Facebook and other social media sites.
Last edited by SigM4 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

ninjabread wrote:

JMHO

Maybe my view is somewhat skewed by the fact that I have lived here for the last 56 years( all my life), but, while the rest of the nation still views Texas as the wild west, and the pioneer in gun rights, I know that for the majority of my life, Texas was trapped in the Democratic headlock of gun restrictions for years. We have only had the freedom to carry handguns for a little over 20 years. That was only contingent upon obtaining a license, and agreeing to only carry, where those who make the rules said it was ok.
We have made great strides in the last 20 years, but we still have a long way to go.
The fact that a manufacturer, has somehow made a firearm, that the BATFE, has approved for sale, without Federal government stamping, that the State of Texas hasn't approved yet, does not automatically mean we are back in the most restrictive time in our history.
We are now living in what I call the golden age of gun rights in this State. There are so many people who moved here from other states, most of them more restrictive than Texas, who are so impatient, or so militant, that they feel they can denigrate the progress we have made, and demand instant changes, without understanding the history, or the progress that has been made, despite the fact that we are only 3 governors away from one who vetoed Concealed Carry.

While I will confess, Texas is not where I want it to be in regards to gun rights, I know how far we have come in my lifetime, and so I feel justified in my criticism of other states, who are moving in the opposite direction. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

can someone who understands the bill net it out for me? I don't get what the regulations change to springer would have been? I saw the 9 transfers thing but missed what happened (or would have) to the SA/RRA.

I can find an alternative to the RO Champion I was considering and can skip the xds but want to understand why I'm going to spend a few hundred more for the former in another brand.

THanks!!

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Oldgringo »

What does an Illinois bill/law have to do with a Texas gun purchase by me? BTW, both my EDC and bedside guns are Springfields and there are a half dozen Ruger handguns in the safe....and I'm seriously considering the purchase of a Ruger AR 566 for $500.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Very disappointing. :banghead:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

Oldgringo wrote:What does an Illinois bill/law have to do with a Texas gun purchase by me?
Nothing if you don't care about Springfield and Rock River supporting gun control.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Oldgringo »

Lambda Force wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:What does an Illinois bill/law have to do with a Texas gun purchase by me?
Nothing if you don't care about Springfield and Rock River supporting gun control.
Springfield and Rock River care about their business of making and selling guns. I'd like for them to stay in business.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme wrote:I have never understood why so many manufacturers continue to keep their manufacturing, sales, and distribution in States that continually restrict rights. Magpul moved out of Colorado, and only after they got a huge government contract, did Colorado realize their stupidity.
If these manufacturers really cared about the 2A, they would all move to places like Texas, where they could make anything they wanted, and refuse to make State compliant firearms for States that restrict rights.
We are the voice that can send a message, and refuse to purchase guns from companies who cave to States who want to wrest control, but still allow manufacturers to sell whatever they want to places who respect our rights. Their profits are directly reliant upon us.
JMHO
You mean kinda like Mossberg, which manufactures 90% of its shotguns in Texas, makes the Shockwave, which can't be bought/sold in Texas? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Oldgringo wrote:
Lambda Force wrote:
Springfield and Rock River care about their business of making and selling guns. I'd like for them to stay in business.
Why would anyone patronize a business that is willing to sacrifice a person's 2A rights ( no matter in what State)in order to bolster the businesses bottom line? We have too many other options.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”