Moderator: carlson1

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Think twice about Springfield and RRA

Post by Oldgringo »

WTR wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Lambda Force wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:What does an Illinois bill/law have to do with a Texas gun purchase by me?
Nothing if you don't care about Springfield and Rock River supporting gun control.
Springfield and Rock River care about their business of making and selling guns. I'd like for them to stay in business.
Why would anyone patronize a business that is willing to sacrifice a person's 2A rights ( no matter in what State)in order to bolster the businesses bottom line? We have too many other options.

Are you suggesting that I go throw my Springfields and Rugers in the river?

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

Oldgringo wrote:
WTR wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Lambda Force wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:What does an Illinois bill/law have to do with a Texas gun purchase by me?
Nothing if you don't care about Springfield and Rock River supporting gun control.
Springfield and Rock River care about their business of making and selling guns. I'd like for them to stay in business.
Why would anyone patronize a business that is willing to sacrifice a person's 2A rights ( no matter in what State)in order to bolster the businesses bottom line? We have too many other options.

Are you suggesting that I go throw my Springfields and Rugers in the river?

I'm suggesting you don't buy any new RRAs or Springfields.

loktite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by loktite »

If you decide to throw your Rugers in the river, please let me know when and where, I think I"ll go fishing that day :biggrinjester:
NRA Endowment Member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

If more manufacturers would do what Ronnie Barrett did I believe more gun laws would come off the books!
When California passed a law prohibiting the average citizen from owning a .50 caliber rifle, Mr. Barrett advised the State he would no longer sell his rifles or their parts to any LE agency in California! When States pass stupid laws they should face the same penalty, alot of States would be very cautious in laws they pass if Gun and ammunition maker refuse to sell to any LE agency in that state!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

Better stop shopping at Walmart, Target, etc. too.
At a March Senate hearing, however, Keller stated that IFMA would drop its opposition to SB-1657 and go neutral if legislators gave the state’s gun makers a pass. State Senator Don Harmon delivered on his end of the deal with an amendment exempting big box stores and manufacturers from this scheme.
:tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Oldgringo »

crazy2medic wrote:If more manufacturers would do what Ronnie Barrett did I believe more gun laws would come off the books!
When California passed a law prohibiting the average citizen from owning a .50 caliber rifle, Mr. Barrett advised the State he would no longer sell his rifles or their parts to any LE agency in California! When States pass stupid laws they should face the same penalty, alot of States would be very cautious in laws they pass if Gun and ammunition maker refuse to sell to any LE agency in that state!
^This^

One's craving for universal constitutional carry notwithstanding, these companies have employees and communities dependent on them along with untold other financial considerations. They can't just pick up and leave their facilities at the 'drop of a hat'. If one chooses to not purchase from them, don't.

Having said that, who has not removed their 'carry' lately to enter a facility/business because they had no other choice. I left my Springfield Compact 1911 in the truck yesterday to go vote.

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 1911 10MM »

Oldgringo wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:If more manufacturers would do what Ronnie Barrett did I believe more gun laws would come off the books!
^This^

One's craving for universal constitutional carry notwithstanding, these companies have employees and communities dependent on them along with untold other financial considerations. They can't just pick up and leave their facilities at the 'drop of a hat'. If one chooses to not purchase from them, don't.

Having said that, who has not removed their 'carry' lately to enter a facility/business because they had no other choice. I left my Springfield Compact 1911 in the truck yesterday to go vote.
My 1911 had separation issues as I voted yesterday as well. I think disarming to vote is just plain stupid.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

1911 10MM wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
^This^

My 1911 had separation issues as I voted yesterday as well. I think disarming to vote is just plain stupid.
HB 560 would have fixed this.

Just sayin'.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
1911 10MM wrote:My 1911 had separation issues as I voted yesterday as well. I think disarming to vote is just plain stupid.

Just sayin'.
Good point. I won't vote for any incumbents next year who didn't vote for HB560 this year.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

bigtek,

You posted and I agree with:

"I won't vote for any incumbents next year who didn't vote for HB560 this year"

I don't know how to look that up - know how?

Thanks!

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

As of today, not one politician in Texas has voted for HB560, although I'm willing to cut this list some slack.
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=HB560

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

bigtek,

Thanks!

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I would rather buy an RIA than a firearm from those two companies at this point. I shall now fart in there general direction. :shock:
Last edited by Take Down Sicko on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
1911 10MM wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
^This^

Just sayin'.
For whatever reason HB 560 went down in flames and it was supposed to be the flagship bill that we all wanted. There are some people in the leadership roles that need some serious scrunity before the next legislative session. In my opinion I think either our leaders aren't being honest with us or they are giving us lip service as the proceed with their own agenda's. No reason why HB 560 shouldn't have been advanced instead of a bill to help those who can't get a LTC. IMHO HB 560 should have been first and then Constitutional Carry next session, not the other way around. I guess the squeaky wheel does get the oil!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

1911 10MM,

Perfect summarization.

Politicians, supposedly on our side, aren't and they should pay the penalty - voted out of office.

Rotten, no good, lying, wait a minute, they're politicians who think those who put them in office can't eject them, wrong narcissist...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”