thoughts on the bladetech total eclipse?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
growlerVII
Posts in topic: 2

thoughts on the bladetech total eclipse?

Post by growlerVII »

CDNN sports has bladetech total eclipse (for sig sauer 1911) on sale for $15 so I thought why not? Anyone have one? Thoughts, ideas, mods? I've seen a few views on it and, they come highly recommended. I also like the idea of the iwb/owb carry options. I own the phantom for a 5" 1911 and, it works great. Slimmer than my aliengear, and easier to take off. Plus it doesn't scratch up my Bigfoot belt.

flowrie

Re: thoughts on the bladetech total eclipse?

Post by flowrie »

I purchased one for my Shield 9mm, to use for training as OWB.
It worked well, but have not yet used it for IWB. I use a On Your 6 Designs for IWB.
For $15, that is a real good deal, I would buy that!
If they had one for a SR1911 Cmd I would buy it for $15.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Well,
Just tried the TE rigged for IWB with my Shield 9mm.
Don't like it, prefer my On Your 6 to carry the Shield, but teh TE might be a good option for a heavier pistol like a 1911 since the wide space between the clips would better distribute the weight of the 1911.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Topic author
growlerVII

Post by growlerVII »

Well, I got it in the mail today. Color me unimpressed. The plastic is very, very thin. I suppose its soft enough so it'll give and not break under stress. Fit and finish are pretty nice as well. The owb option is alright. Tight to the body, doesn't wiggle, etc. The iwb option put a blood blister above my kidney! Oh, the pain! I'm not chubby, and my back is muscular enough that there is a hollow between butt and mid-back, but not enough of one apparently. I'll try the owb a little more to see if I like it. Who knows, it may work out. Incidentally, my commander fits in the TE, and my phantom just fine.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”