Bought My First Shield!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Bought My First Shield!

Post by Excaliber »

AndyC wrote:Wow, these magazines are a real bear. I'm not just talking spring-power - something's catching somewhere. They literally feel like metal-on-metal after the 3rd round.

I can load Hi-Power, CZ, 1911 etc mags in a trice - but this is ridiculous.
True.

The good news is they soften up considerably with use, but I don't think they're ever going to get to "1911 smooth."
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

rotor wrote:
rentz wrote:
dlh wrote:SoccerDad---check out this video--->
He takes down his Shield without pulling the seer down through the receiver--more like a Glock take-down. I was able to do that too with my Shield, however, since then I have been pulling the seer down as recommended in the manual.

Note that by inserting a magazine that action will put the seer back into its proper place--at least I think that is how it works on reassembly.

There's a different way than this? That's the only way I've ever taken down my shield , lock back turn takedown lever unlock side and it comes right off
You are supposed to push the yellow sear down. In the manual. Magazine insertion restores it. Very easy to do.
Technical point:

The "yellow thing" is a sear release lever, not the sear itself. That's located inside the frame.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
dlh
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dlh »

Excaliber wrote:
rotor wrote:
rentz wrote:
dlh wrote:SoccerDad---check out this video--->
He takes down his Shield without pulling the seer down through the receiver--more like a Glock take-down. I was able to do that too with my Shield, however, since then I have been pulling the seer down as recommended in the manual.

Note that by inserting a magazine that action will put the seer back into its proper place--at least I think that is how it works on reassembly.

There's a different way than this? That's the only way I've ever taken down my shield , lock back turn takedown lever unlock side and it comes right off
You are supposed to push the yellow sear down. In the manual. Magazine insertion restores it. Very easy to do.
Technical point:

The "yellow thing" is a sear release lever, not the sear itself. That's located inside the frame.
I came from the school of "lower the thing-a-ma-jig in the whatza ma-doodle..." ;-)
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Post by striker55 »

Ordered one today! :clapping:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”