Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Palm swell grips for 1911

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I've come full circle. I started shooting 1911s with standard grips, then came off-duty carry and CHL. I switched to McCormick thin grips in an effort to create the thinnest possible profile for carrying. After having shot my CZ for many months now, I'm going back to full-size grips. I even removed my thin CZ aftermarket grips and went back to the stock factory rubber grips. They don't look nearly as nice on the gun, but they have a palm swell they feel great.

I've never shot a 1911 with palm swell grips like those from VZ Grips. Hopefully some of you folks have used them and can give me some feedback.

Thanks,
Chas.

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Palm swell grips for 1911

Post by RossA »

+1 on the Hogue wraparounds. They aren't exactly palmswell grips, but they are thicker and more cushiony than others and give great traction. Even with my small hands I like them.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

If you like a fuller grip why not just go with a Glock .45? Even the SF, that I have, has a greater grip circumference than my Colt GC with three different grips including the Hogue wrap around ones it came with.
:biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

growlerVII

Post by growlerVII »

Hogue makes a set of palmswell grips. Ive used them for a bit. They come in soft or hard rubber. They're great for range shooting and keep the pistol from twisting but, I've never carried with them. Now I'm finding the magpul grip panels are just right for me. They're not too rough, yet have excellent texture, they're thinner than the factory wood most 1911's come with (although not near as pretty) and the relief cut for the mag release is really deep, helping me change mags quicker.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I found some old, I mean very old, rubber grips that came on some of my 1911s. They seem to be about the standard thickness (1/4") and they feel fine. I'm going to get some standard grips I like and use those.

Thanks guys,
Chas.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”