Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
PackinPig
Posts in topic: 6

Appendix Carry Rig

Post by PackinPig »

Good Evening,
I'm looking for an appendix carry rig like in the attached picture for a stock Glock 19. I don't need fancy colors just the ability to carry my glock, extra mag, and Ka-Bar TDI all together. Does anyone know of any local companies with quick turn around times. I've found a couple online but they are all 4-8 weeks turnaround and all cost $100 or more.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
"Speak softly and carry a big stick."
-Theodore Roosevelt 26th President of the United States

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Appendix Carry Rig

Post by cmgee67 »

https://trex-arms.com/store/sidecar-appendix-rig/

BOOM!

Buddy of mine uses this rig and swears by it. As I carry owb I wouldn't know but it looks sweet and many colors to choose from

Also, try eBay I have seen some before

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

It is worth the money and the wait. Try the INCOG Holster System by G-Code. I have not found any AIWB comfortable until I found the INCOG.

Topic author
PackinPig

Post by PackinPig »

carlson1 wrote:It is worth the money and the wait. Try the INCOG Holster System by G-Code. I have not found any AIWB comfortable until I found the INCOG.
Did you try the T.Rex Arms sidecar prior to getting the INCOG?

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Almost and holster that way will accept the ka-bar tdi you just need a Chicago screw basically and put it through the eyelet rivet hole. My buddy has Carried his G19 and G34 in one and has no probs

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

PackinPig wrote:
carlson1 wrote:It is worth the money and the wait. Try the INCOG Holster System by G-Code. I have not found any AIWB comfortable until I found the INCOG.
No I did not. What made the difference I think in the INCOG is the "Super Mojo." It causes the pistol to be pushed against you rather than sticking out away from you. I am not a small guy so the AIWB was not an easy sell at first. I don't always carry appendix, but I do often.

Topic author
PackinPig

Post by PackinPig »

carlson1 wrote:
PackinPig wrote:
No I did not. What made the difference I think in the INCOG is the "Super Mojo." It causes the pistol to be pushed against you rather than sticking out away from you. I am not a small guy so the AIWB was not an easy sell at first. I don't always carry appendix, but I do often.
Yea I was reading about the sidecar and it also includes something similar called the "raptor claw". They are both so similar, makes it a hard decision.
I'm 6'00" and weight around 250lbs. Prior to diving in to deep into aiwb carry I bought a Blackhawk arc on amazon for $20 and carried my G19 in that all day. It was more comfortable than expected.
Which holster do yall feel would be more comfortable for a guy who has a little weight around the middle but not a large gut overhang?

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

PackinPig wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
PackinPig wrote:
Yea I was reading about the sidecar and it also includes something similar called the "raptor claw". They are both so similar, makes it a hard decision.
I'm 6'00" and weight around 250lbs. Prior to diving in to deep into aiwb carry I bought a Blackhawk arc on amazon for $20 and carried my G19 in that all day. It was more comfortable than expected.
Which holster do yall feel would be more comfortable for a guy who has a little weight around the middle but not a large gut overhang?

OWB carry :)

glock75
Posts in topic: 1

Post by glock75 »

http://keepersconcealment.com/

makes the best and most comfortable.... check him out.
NRA, DPS and Rangemaster Certified Firearms Instructor
RWDefense.com

Topic author
PackinPig

Post by PackinPig »

cmgee67 wrote:
PackinPig wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
PackinPig wrote:

OWB carry :)

:lol: I just cant find the love for OWB carry when trying to maintain a concealed handgun. But, that is probably the most comfortable. You're right on that.

Topic author
PackinPig

Post by PackinPig »

glock75 wrote:http://keepersconcealment.com/

makes the best and most comfortable.... check him out.
Thanks Ill browse the website.

Topic author
PackinPig

Post by PackinPig »

Well, for anyone wondering , after careful consideration and research I decided to purchase a holster from "Last Line of Defense" the notable difference and what made me go with that company is the fact that the owner makes them himself and wears what he makes. Over time he has critiqued them. I have heard his holsters are more comfortable than any on the market from large companies. Also, he adds curvature to the kydex which takes away the need to a attach a "raven claw" or "mojo" riser and allows the holster to conform to the human body. In conclusion, everyone has an opinion and I'm sure by the time it's all said and done I will too. Hopefully mine is positive. If I can remember Ill post about the holster and what I like or dislike. I've attached a picture of the holster he makes below.
Thanks for all the help.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”