P320 Chamber

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 3

P320 Chamber

Post by CoffeeNut »

I've been enjoying my new P320 Subcompact quite a bit and am working towards making it my full time carry gun however I noticed some odd marks on my spent cases. It looks as though they're being scraped up. I chambered a few rounds without firing them to see if the results were only caused when the case expands and I got the same marks on the cases. Is this something I should contact Sig about? I haven't had any malfunctions and the chamber doesn't feel rough to my pinky finger.

EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

flechero

Re: P320 Chamber

Post by flechero »

Mark another 2 rounds with a sharpie across the primer/base with an arrow and load - and orient the arrows up in the mag and repeat process... based on location I would think those marks are the from a nice new [sharp] breakover angle of ramp to chamber.

It will probably smooth out with use but you could always dress it ever so slightly if you are saving brass to reload.

My 320 carry doesn't do that.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Also, check the OAL of those rounds vs another brand to see if they may be a hair longer and that is possibly causing this.

Topic author
CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

flechero wrote:Mark another 2 rounds with a sharpie across the primer/base with an arrow and load - and orient the arrows up in the mag and repeat process... based on location I would think those marks are the from a nice new [sharp] breakover angle of ramp to chamber.

It will probably smooth out with use but you could always dress it ever so slightly if you are saving brass to reload.

My 320 carry doesn't do that.
Excellent idea and it appears that you're correct. The marks only appear where the feed ramp is contacting the case and I can see some faint marks on the ramp itself so I'm far less concerned - thank you.

I did check with a few varieties of rounds including Hornady Critical Duty and Federal range ammo. I'm not reloading but it was something that caught my eye. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it smoothes out. Wouldn't be the first time I've had to polish a feed ramp but still surprising being a Sig. Man, does it shoot well though.

Thanks again! :thumbs2:

flechero

Post by flechero »

I'm not reloading...
That's ok, save your brass anyway. Just keep a gallon ziplock bag going and when it's full either sell it, or gift it to a reloader. No sense in wasting good brass! And a gal zip lock of 9mm nets just over 1800 cases! :fire

Topic author
CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

flechero wrote:
I'm not reloading...
That's ok, save your brass anyway. Just keep a gallon ziplock bag going and when it's full either sell it, or gift it to a reloader. No sense in wasting good brass! And a gal zip lock of 9mm nets just over 1800 cases! :fire
I do keep my brass when possible. I like having it...just in case. :coolgleamA:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”