FN 509

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

FN 509

Post by John Galt »

Has anyone tried it? If so, what are your impressions?

extremist
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FN 509

Post by extremist »

Fondled one at Defender Outdoors. I'm a Walther PPQ guy. :tiphat:

I wasn't impressed. Very aggressive checkering. Trigger okay, Size okay, just meh.

I'm waiting on my CZ P10C :roll: Still haven't got to try one of those.

I also handled the Beretta APX (thick as a brick, meh trigger), and the M&P 2.0 (also not that impressed).

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

extremist wrote:Fondled one at Defender Outdoors. I'm a Walther PPQ guy. :tiphat:

I wasn't impressed. Very aggressive checkering. Trigger okay, Size okay, just meh.

I'm waiting on my CZ P10C :roll: Still haven't got to try one of those.

I also handled the Beretta APX (thick as a brick, meh trigger), and the M&P 2.0 (also not that impressed).

James
What guns have you liked? :mrgreen:

The Beretta APX I saw looked and felt like a nice pistol if you want a full size 9mm pistol. I didn't think it was any wider or larger than other choices. It looks pretty slick to me. I have never handled an M&P 2.0. The original M&P just didn't feel right to me (especially once I was shooting). I have had them in 40 and 45, but sold or traded them. I will probably pass on that one.

I would love to handle the CZ P10 and FN 509, but I have not seen or heard of anyone that had either in stock. I am really disappointed the P10 hasn't shown up more. Makes me think CZ has had production or import issues.

I have an FNX 9mm. It has very aggressive checkering also, but that doesn't bother me when shooting and it has been a solid, reliable pistol. I was concerned about that when I bought it. The main negative for FN pistols IMO is the spare magazines cost $50 each. They are good mags, but getting the number of spare mags I like to have is expensive.

The biggest issue with 9mm semi-autos I have is very few are made that get close to the compact size of the Glock 19. I don't need another full size 9mm. The CZ P10 and FN 509 are supposed to be close and/or use the same holsters so that also has be interested in them.

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

I handled a 509 a couple weeks ago. Meh is a pretty good assessment. It did nothing that made it stand out in any way that would make me choose it over any of several other polymer offerings already on the market, like Glock, S&W, Sig, Springfield, etc. IMO, its too late to capture a meaningful slice of the market unless you bring something new to the table.

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

John Galt wrote:Has anyone tried it? If so, what are your impressions?

he talks, i listen.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Topic author
John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

After much thought and looking at one, I purchased one this weekend. I went to the range today and put 150 rounds through it and am very happy with how well it feels in the hand and shoots. I am extremely pleased with this purchase.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”