Sphinx SDP Compact

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Sphinx SDP Compact

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I picked up my Sphinx SDP Compact last night. Cleaned and lubed it after my wife went to bed and took it to the range today.

200 rounds with no hickups whatsoever. I set the target at 10 yards and found myself rapid firing at COM just because this thing was so much fun to shoot. Ran through the first 2 mags (30 rounds) like this with every hole inside a roughly 10 inch circle. And I'm no where near that good of a shot.

At 10 yards, with slow, aimed fire, I put 8 rounds inside a 2 inch circle with 5 of the 8 touching. At 15 yards, 8 rounds were within a 4 inch circle. This gun is pretty darn amazing. Before anyone asks, the reason for 8 round groups is to make comparisons across all of my "non-BUG" guns, specifically my 1911's. I'll do an official accuracy test after I get another 100 rounds through this gun, but this may well end up to be one of my most accurate guns (and I own a Sig X5, CZ Shadow, Nighthawk Custom 1911, and a few others that are no slouches on that front).

My only complaint is that I cannot reach the slide release lever without repositioning my right hand. So I need to use the "slingshot" method for mag changes.

Now I need to figure out where this thing fits in my carry rotation.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”