Who Carries A Snub Nose Revolver

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Dan20703
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Who Carries A Snub Nose Revolver

Post by Dan20703 »

In the summertime I often wear my (supposedly out of fashion) cargo shorts and carry a snub nosed S&W 642 in a Mika Pocket Holster. My ammo of choice is Remington +P 158 gr. LSWCHP, aka FBI Load. Very comfortable and easy to carry.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

I frequently carry a S&W Bodyguard.

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

I carried a Taurus CIA All-Titanium DAO hammerless with Lasergrips for 13 years, in my right front pocket in a custom Mika holster. Gold Dot Short Barrel was its favorite ammo. I carried two speed strips in my left pocket with the round speedloaders (HK?) in my coat pocket during cool weather. I sold that gun about a year ago to a local gun shop...biggest mistake I ever made with a gun. It is very rare and was discontinued years ago by Taurus. That gun was easy to shoot and very accurate. The only thing that bothered me was being strapped into a seat belt with poor access to my only weapon at the time. I now carry a SIG P239 in a belt holster, or my SIG P320 Subcompact the same way. But I wish I had never let that Taurus go. By the way, the dealer I sold it to told me he sold it to another customer within 2 days.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Dan20703 wrote:In the summertime I often wear my (supposedly out of fashion) cargo shorts and carry a snub nosed S&W 642 in a Mika Pocket Holster. My ammo of choice is Remington +P 158 gr. LSWCHP, aka FBI Load. Very comfortable and easy to carry.
I didn't realize that cargo shorts were "out of fashion". :shock:

Before I switched to my PX-4 Subcompact, I carried a Colt Detective Special - pocket carry in a Nemesis holster and OWB in a Kramer Leather Paddle Holster.
I carried a speed loader with JHP in my left pocket [in my cargo shorts]. I always liked Colts and also liked that it was a six-shooter. Occasionally, I still carry my Colt.

The main reason I switched to the SA is because of capacity - 6 rounds of 38 Spl versus 13 rounds of 9 mm. I carry my PX-4 Storm in a Fobus OWB holster or Nemesis pocket holster.
And, yes I still wear cargo shorts. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

WildBill wrote:
Dan20703 wrote:In the summertime I often wear my (supposedly out of fashion) cargo shorts and carry a snub nosed S&W 642 in a Mika Pocket Holster. My ammo of choice is Remington +P 158 gr. LSWCHP, aka FBI Load. Very comfortable and easy to carry.
I didn't realize that cargo shorts were "out of fashion". :shock:

Before I switched to my PX-4 Subcompact, I carried a Colt Detective Special - pocket carry in a Nemesis holster and OWB in a Kramer Leather Paddle Holster.
I carried a speed loader with JHP in my left pocket [in my cargo shorts]. I always liked Colts and also liked that it was a six-shooter. Occasionally, I still carry my Colt.

The main reason I switched to the SA is because of capacity - 6 rounds of 38 Spl versus 13 rounds of 9 mm. I carry my PX-4 Storm in a Fobus OWB holster or Nemesis pocket holster.
And, yes I still wear cargo shorts. :tiphat:
Same here. And the cargo shorts too.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

Don't feel bad, I couldn't live without cargo shorts

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

cheezit wrote:Don't feel bad, I couldn't live without cargo shorts
I wear cargo shorts all summer and care so little about fashion that I didn't know they were out of fashion, if that is even the case. I've got lots of good company out here in the country that does the same too.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

ELB wrote:I sometimes carry a snub in an outside jacket pocket on the rare occasions when it is cold enough that I have to bundle up -- but I still have my G19 in an appendix holster. I really like snubs but I have not found them really any more convenient to carry than my G19 except for this one case. I have a beat-up looking Colt Detective that is also handy to stash as a back-up gun in dedicated hidey-holes, but it is always in addition to the G19, not in place of.

My wife carries an aluminum-frame snub in her purse, as far as I can tell solely because it is small and light and simple. She has a speed strip with her as well.
When my mother-in-law got her license, she asked me what she should get...I asked her how she was going to carry it...

She purse carries. I told her a wheel gun would be her best choice for the following reasons:
  • She is very proficient with my model 60 Smith
  • ...and, most importantly, if you can't draw from the purse when you deploy, you can shoot a wheelgun from INSIDE the purse and have a reasonable assurance that it will go bang a second time.
I would say he is Operator level: Mother-in-law...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

stroo

Post by stroo »

What is "fashion"? I am unfamiliar with that concept. :shock:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

stroo wrote:What is "fashion"? I am unfamiliar with that concept. :shock:
You've seen kids with their pants just barely hanging on their backside? That's fashion. :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bnc

Post by bnc »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
bnc wrote:I carry an LCR when I'm exercising since it is the smallest, lightest gun I have. I've been thinking about getting a small 9mm though, like a Kahr, Nano, etc. For me, the extra weight is offset by the thinner profile, higher capacity, and easier reloads.
If you are willing to go with a .380, then look at the Kel-Tec P3AT. It is the smallest gun I own, and is extremely light. Pain in the hand to shoot, but mine has proven to be reliable and reasonably accurate.
I've held those before, and they certainly are tiny. I'd probably stick with 9mm though, they are small enough and I'd rather reduce the number of pistol calibers I have rather than increase.

JTWPlano

Post by JTWPlano »

I carry a S&W Airweight model M38-2 that I have owned for over 20 years. It's totally reliable and easy to carry. Normally I carry it as a backup to my 9mm, in an offhand pocket of a jacket or cargo shorts, but I also carry it stronghand pocket or IWB sometimes. If the .38 is the only pistol I'm carrying, I also have a couple of speedloaders in a pouch that I can either pocket carry, or put on my belt if I am carrying IWB with a cover garment.

Legionnaire

Post by Legionnaire »

I often carry an SP101, generally in a Galco belt slide. Have carried it with a Clipdraw in the appendix position when I want to go super trim. One speed strip for spare ammo.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”