GUN BROKER

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

bnc
Posts in topic: 1

Re: GUN BROKER

Post by bnc »

I bought a rifle off of gunbroker from a delaer several hours away. I essentially only committed to the buy on gunbroker since I picked it up and paid in person. It was a normal transaction otherwise. I'd be fine with buying from other gun shops through gunbroker.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

just for reference, if the lawman is discontinued (I truly don't think it is) we have several left where I work. That is one of STI's flagship pistols, so I can't imagine it being discontinued. I would believe you if you said hard to find though.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

bought numerous items through GunsAmerica and Gonbroker, no problems

Topic author
swilkes
Posts in topic: 6

Post by swilkes »

jb2012 wrote:just for reference, if the lawman is discontinued (I truly don't think it is) we have several left where I work. That is one of STI's flagship pistols, so I can't imagine it being discontinued. I would believe you if you said hard to find though.
I can't find it on there website any more. It was on there this time last year when I first
Started looking at them.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

My first purchase from Gunbroker went just fine. I was bidding on a second when I noticed the seller was located in Central Texas. So I bought that one while passing through.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

olafpfj

Post by olafpfj »

I guess Im the lone problem story...

Bought a few things of GB when I held an 03FFL and no problems except one. Got an incredible deal on an Enfield No4 MkI. Well it was indeed too good to be true. Rifle arrived and had the rear site replaced. The seller had taken off the peep sight from the picture/description and replaced with the much cheaper battle sight. The rifle also had an unsafe headspace issue. Seller ignored all attempts to contact.

The rifle was salvagable and the price of the parts still made it a great deal. Great shooter now.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I'm an FFL and I have bought firearms cheaper there than I could find wholesale. There are three things you can do to protect yourself when buying. First, read the listing thoroughly to understand what is being sold, the fees etc second, try to buy from a seller with a lot of good feedback. Third, make payment by credit card if possible, it offers you the most protection as a buyer. If they do not accept credit then pay by USPS money order.

Topic author
swilkes

Post by swilkes »

So it is basically like eBay? I usually check the feed back there before buying also.

I have noticed on most an FFL is required. With I don't have. Is that the case with all?

puma guy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by puma guy »

swilkes wrote:So it is basically like eBay? I usually check the feed back there before buying also.

I have noticed on most an FFL is required. With I don't have. Is that the case with all?
Bidding is not exactly like Ebay. GB has a 15 minute rule to keep last second bidders from sniping. With couple of exceptions all the firearms sales require shipping to the FFL of your choice. You do not have to be a FFL licensee to purchase a firearm. They have a data base of FFL's from which you can select or you can arrange for your local FFL to send their license to the seller for shipment and then transfer to you. Feedback is important but I have purchased from sellers with 0 to thousands and have never had an issue. I have had a couple of issues, a damaged scope on a .22, a magazine that was not listed correctly and the sellers always resolved them quickly. One guy sent me a refund check for an item that was wrong and let me keep the item, but I never cashed it because I was able to find someone that needed exactly what I had been shipped and I sold it for what I paid. I think you are safe making a purchase on Gun Broker.

I have purchased a couple of guns on this forum and several other gun forums and so far have not been disappointed. There's always the first time I guess! :lol:

mrvmax gives some sound advice on reading carefully and on payment.. Look closely at the photos as well.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Jago668
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jago668 »

swilkes wrote:So it is basically like eBay? I usually check the feed back there before buying also.

Find a local FFL that has decent transfer fees and use them. I have a guy I use all the time used to charge $10, just went up to $15. He has a copy of my CHL and has his part of the paperwork filled out when I get there. I check boxes, sign, etc and go. Email him the information of who I am buying it from, he contacts them, poof gun is in the mail. Here is gunbroker's ffl lookup. http://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/searchforffl.aspx
NRA Benefactor Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Gun Broker is actually too good. I have never had a problem except that I need an intervention to stay off that site, it is costing me thousands! :biggrinjester:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

puma guy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by puma guy »

My latest Gun Broker aquisition. My FFL charges $15 for transfers w/ LTC. This little Remington Mohawk 10C is about 95%. Got a pretty good deal on it, too. Stock has no scratches and the metal is in really nice condition - a little wear spot on one side just before the muzzle. This is just like the Remington Nylon 66 except it has a box magazine or "clip" as Remington calls it; hence the 10C. I have a Nylon 66 that's not as nice as this rifle, but it shoots amazingly well. Hoping to get this one out to the range soon.

It looks much better than this Gun Broker listing photo.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
swilkes

Post by swilkes »

how do I pick a FFL? Is there a way to look up a FFL history? I don't want just any tom,dick, or harry that I will never be able to contact.

Are there any FFL card in the Wichita falls area on the site or can recommend one?

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I just tried to bid on a gun there but apparently there is a $1.00 fee to register before you can bid on anything. It's only a buck, but I'm not sure I like the idea of giving the auction site my CC info. Seems odd to be charging bidders as opposed to sellers.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Gun Broker is actually too good. I have never had a problem except that I need an intervention to stay off that site, it is costing me thousands! :biggrinjester:
I am in your camp. Nearly all my firearms acquisitions are via GB. Stay away, do not look or you will be bankrupt for a long time....
:patriot: :patriot: :txflag:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”