Sig P320 as an EDC option

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
VoodooSan
Posts in topic: 3

Sig P320 as an EDC option

Post by VoodooSan »

I had been debating between several firearms. I looked at the P320, M&P 2.0, and Beretta APX. I loved the grip texture of the new M&P 2.0 and I like M&P in general. The Beretta APX...while I appreciate its style, after messing with one it didnt make the cut this time. I think they are all good and have their own pros and cons but in the end I pulled the trigger on the 320.

What I got was the 320 Carry and got a Compact frame and mags to be used for both sizes I put the holster back in the case and use a Cooks IWB holster. I also replace the factory trigger with an Apex flat trigger. I did this more for comfort. Apex has another trigger that reduces the pull apparently but thats not what I wanted to do. The trigger on my 320 is honestly shockingly good. I didnt expect it to be as good as it is. Breaks crisp and has a great reset.

My frame has the medium grip and that perfect for my hand. Just fits great. I like the front cocking serrations and the night sights are super bright. It is also just a really simple design and I like that. It not some safe queen. I am going to use it and carry it. Right off it had 100 rounds put through it downrange without one hiccup.

I havent been keeping up with current events so I raised an eyebrow when I recently learned the P320 (with a few modifications) was being purchased by the military to replace the Beretta M9. I have carried a Beretta 92FS and loved that gun but it was just too big and heavy and was relegated to duty use only. I think this would bode well for the P320 civilian consumers as I would think there will plenty more of aftermarket support for this platform on top of what we have now. Maybe not right at first but eventually. There is already a good bit of stuff out but things I am talking about is holsters, grip frames, etc. I would like to see frame colors other than just FDE and Black. I would like to see gray and or dark gray. I think some will just buy it because its issued to the military.

But all that speculation aside its a fantastic gun for me. I like it more and more. The more I pick it up the more I love it. I thought that "newness" would where off like most guns do with me after a week or so. Nope. Its quickly become one of my favorite pistols.

flechero

Re: Sig P320 as an EDC option

Post by flechero »

I appreciate your post- I bought a 320 carry a while back and found the stock curved trigger pinched me pretty badly... after 3 outings and 500 rds, I put it in the safe. I think I'll try the Apex flat trigger before I give up on it. :tiphat:

My trigger is also pretty crisp and clean so if I could eliminate the nasty pinch, I think I'd really like this gun for a carry or home option.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

Picked up an Infidel Ultra Max holster from Comp-Tac for my P320 Carry. Very comfortable IWB holster.

Personally, I'm hoping they'll make the X5 Carry grip modules available for order, as I like the feel of the X5 Full grip. I think it's the extra beaver tail length that I like most.

Another trigger to consider, is the Grayguns flat trigger. Twice the cost of the two excellent Apex triggers though.

Holster link: http://www.comp-tac.com/inside-the-wais ... ster-10538

Trigger: https://grayguns.com/grayguns-introduce ... auer-p320/

...and I swear that was the closest magazine at hand when I decided to take this picture. :mrgreen:
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmgee67 »

The 320 to me is just too thick. It's like picking up a brick. But then again it may be due to the fact my carry gun is a M&P 45 shield and is super thin so anything seems really wide. But I do like the looks of the 320. Would be an awesome gun for OC or home defense nut but I'll let my Glock handle that.

dragun

Post by dragun »

Congrats on your 320. I think it's an excellent carry option, now that you have the compact/carry you can always get the sc grip module for really good concealment. I have both the gg flat trigger and the apex trigger as well (the original that doesn't lighten the pull). I really like the apex at half the cost, does a great job. So much so I put the apex flat triggers on my glock and shield.

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

I purchased the p320 compact with the manual safety on Memorial Day to replace my p238 as my EDC. Due to some family complications I haven't been able to shoot it yet but that should change tomorrow! Glad to know others have found success with it as their EDC.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
VoodooSan

Post by VoodooSan »

Scott B. wrote:Picked up an Infidel Ultra Max holster from Comp-Tac for my P320 Carry. Very comfortable IWB holster.

Personally, I'm hoping they'll make the X5 Carry grip modules available for order, as I like the feel of the X5 Full grip. I think it's the extra beaver tail length that I like most.

Another trigger to consider, is the Grayguns flat trigger. Twice the cost of the two excellent Apex triggers though.

...and I swear that was the closest magazine at hand when I decided to take this picture. :mrgreen:

Nice set up. I have used CompTac for years but not the Infidel Ultra Max. I just used the regular all kydex Infidel. I like that Ultra

Topic author
VoodooSan

Post by VoodooSan »

cmgee67 wrote:The 320 to me is just too thick. It's like picking up a brick. But then again it may be due to the fact my carry gun is a M&P 45 shield and is super thin so anything seems really wide. But I do like the looks of the 320. Would be an awesome gun for OC or home defense nut but I'll let my Glock handle that.

I still carry a Shield 9mm so yeah its a noticeable thickness but I dont mind it at all.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

VoodooSan wrote:
Scott B. wrote:Picked up an Infidel Ultra Max holster from Comp-Tac for my P320 Carry. Very comfortable IWB holster.

[/url]

Nice set up. I have used CompTac for years but not the Infidel Ultra Max. I just used the regular all kydex Infidel. I like that Ultra

I use their Flatline holsters when I'm at the range. They're great.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

flechero

Post by flechero »

cmgee67 wrote:The 320 to me is just too thick. It's like picking up a brick. But then again it may be due to the fact my carry gun is a M&P 45 shield and is super thin so anything seems really wide. But I do like the looks of the 320. Would be an awesome gun for OC or home defense nut but I'll let my Glock handle that.
Compared to a shield, it is a brick... but so is your glock. :lol:

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I recently picked up the Compact version in FDE. Nice clean lines, good looks, and went through a few hundred rounds in practice without a hickup.

I think I want to try the large grip module. Unfortunately, everyone seems to be out of stock for those no matter the color. I couldn't even find 15 round mags. I will have to look at the trigger upgrade available, but I don't want to mess with that just yet.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Good call on the flat trigger, VoodooSan. My Apex was delivered yesterday and I put it in this evening... feels great! I'll get to shoot it tomorrow. :fire

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”