CYA IWB holster

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

CYA IWB holster

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I thought I would give a brief review on a new holster that I am fairly satisfied with. It is the CYA Supply Co. IWB Holster for Glock models 26/27/33. I was browsing some other gun related products on Amazon.com, and came across this one. Here is the direct link to the product.

I make it a point to have at minimum two kinds of holsters for each of my carry pistols - a quick on/off paddle type, and a decent leather OWB type. And then for my larger pistols, I also have shoulder holsters. But until I discovered appendix carry, I was no longer able to carry IWB because of severe back issues. For my little G43, my son made me a real nice appendix-carry IWB kydex holster (originally discussed here). I liked it so much that I was hoping to find something similar to it for my more recently acquired G26, and that is when I ran across this holster at Amazon.com.

The price is quite reasonable - $37.95 in black, FDE, or the "carbon fiber" pattern pictured here, which is what I bought. The quality is quite good, and the fit is what I would call "positive" with no slop in it. Tension on the trigger guard retention and the muzzle end of the pistol are adjustable by means of two tensioning screws. I was easily able to set the retention to a high degree of confidence, without making it too difficult on the draw. My only complaint is that I would have liked to be able to adjust the belt clip angle to a more vertical orientation relative to the holster - which I can do with the one my son made - but the angle is not that pronounced, and it doesn't seem to influence my draw any, so I can easily live with it the way it is.

I've carried two or three times with this holster now, and it worked very well to conceal the G26 under a simple T-shirt, worn untucked. There was no printing, and it was comfortable to sit with it in the appendix position. It is not tuckable for those who want to tuck their shirts in. The quality is there, and the price is right. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this holster to someone looking for an inexpensive IWB option. They make holsters for a bunch of other models, listed here: https://www.cyasupply.com/collections/iwb-holsters. As I said, I got mine on Amazon, but the prices appear to be the same when ordered directly from the CYA website.

Pictures below....... the magazine holder pictured is just an old Comp-Tac unit I bought years ago, that I use when carrying just a single spare mag:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Re: CYA IWB holster

Post by bblhd672 »

Nice. I haven't bought a holster in a long time....nearly a month! :mrgreen:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Alaska2texas

Post by Alaska2texas »

I actually had the exact same one for my Glock 33 and also have one for my bodyguard 380.

These horses are absolutely amazing and the price is even more amazing for something so needed while carrying a firearm.

Cheers!
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Acronym Esq

Post by Acronym Esq »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:22 pmI thought I would give a brief review on a new holster that I am fairly satisfied with.
Upon the recommendation of TAM, I purchased a CYA Supply Co IWB holster for my P365 XL. I paid $35 for black during their Veterans Day sale on 11/11/20. It shipped from San Antonio on 11/12/20 and was delivered to Houston on 11/16/20.

I've worn it 7 times at a 15 degree forward cant at 3 O'clock. It wears comfortably, retains the gun, and covers the trigger and mag release. I particularly like the tab under the clip because it makes attaching/removing the clip from my belt fast. The screw holding the cant angle hasn't slipped. Recommend.

acronym 11/28/2020 12:50 PM
Attachments
IMG_5573.2.jpg
IMG_5575.2.jpg
IMG_5576.2.jpg

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”