NRA Doesn't Allow 1911's at New Classes

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA Doesn't Allow 1911's at New Classes

Post by flechero »

Was the right decision made or was the fear of lost revenue the deciding factor?

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: NRA Doesn't Allow 1911's at New Classes

Post by Bitter Clinger »

1911 10MM wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
1911 10MM wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:So....maybe because of the hand injury, he is unable to demonstrate for students the proper disengagement of the thumb safety on a 1911 when drawing from the holster?

Or maybe they just wanted handguns that would not be jamming / failing to feed all the time? :biggrinjester:
I saw this proposed class described somewhere as a "Level 1" class - which I took to mean "entry-level". The 1911 platform is not a beginner's gun. I love them and own two of them, but they are a gunfighter's gun, not a beginner's gun. Maybe that is the reason?
I would argue that semi autos with no manual safety aren't beginner guns either.
So, argue. :waiting:
Thought I already did. I guess I could post videos of all the professionals with Glock Leg or Glock hand. Since the NRA has reversed their decision I will just leave it at that.
Oh, I did not realize that there was only one manufacturer of semi-auto's with no manual safety. Too bad. Someone should consider making one with say, a grip safety. But then, what do I know? I just keep my finger off the trigger.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”