Lic question

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ET-Ret
Posts in topic: 1

Lic question

Post by ET-Ret »

Do you have to have a valid hunting Lic to carry a rifle or a shotgun in you car or truck?
Is it tricky like fishing tackle in trunk close to lake or stream?
Allen

C-dub

Re: Lic question

Post by C-dub »

Nope

However, there are some caveats. I don't think you'll be protected from the whole 1000 feet from a school thing and watch out for other places like Post Offices and other federal property.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme

Re: Lic question

Post by Jusme »

:iagree:

You are free to carry any long gun, in your vehicle, or on your person, as long as you are 18 years or older, in any public place in Texas.

Does that mean, if you walk down a street in downtown Dallas, you won't be questioned? No. But as long as you are not prohibited from having a gun, and are not carrying in a threatening manner, you are not subject to arrest.

If you are stopped, with a long gun in your vehicle, and you have an LTC, you are only required to notify, a LEO if you have a handgun. Without an LTC, there is no duty to inform. There is no requirement, that says you have to be enroute to hunting, or any other activity.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”