S&W Rebate

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

striker55
Posts in topic: 10

Re: S&W Rebate

Post by striker55 »

Got one of two today, date on check is 7/28, envelope postmarked 8/08, got it today 8/11. Never showed that it shipped on Milano website. I have another coming, bought two guns,. :clapping:

carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by carlson1 »

Received mine yesterday. I almost trashed it with the junk mail. The Mobile Deposit would not take it so I hand delevered it to the bank today.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

How are you guys liking those S&W Shields? Had my 9mm for almost two years and am very pleased with mine.

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Lynyrd »

Take Down Sicko wrote:How are you guys liking those S&W Shields? Had my 9mm for almost two years and am very pleased with mine.
I got the .45. It has eaten everything I've put in it, and the trigger smoothed out nicely after about 250 rounds. I was very impressed with the low recoil from such a light weight gun chambered in .45 ACP. It is now in my carry rotation.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by carlson1 »

I also have the .45 without the thumb safety. It is very pleasant to shoot. Changing the sights to XS Big Dots. I am not for sure how much I will carry it, but I like having options.

I have wish I would have bought the 9mm because my wife might have carried it some, whereas with the .45 she is not interested.

rentz
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rentz »

striker55 wrote:Got one of two today, date on check is 7/28, envelope postmarked 8/08, got it today 8/11. Never showed that it shipped on Milano website. I have another coming, bought two guns,. :clapping:
hope mine shows up soon, website says "shipped 7/28"

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

carlson1 wrote:I also have the .45 without the thumb safety. It is very pleasant to shoot. Changing the sights to XS Big Dots. I am not for sure how much I will carry it, but I like having options.

I have wish I would have bought the 9mm because my wife might have carried it some, whereas with the .45 she is not interested.
Lynyrd wrote:
Take Down Sicko wrote:How are you guys liking those S&W Shields? Had my 9mm for almost two years and am very pleased with mine.
I got the .45. It has eaten everything I've put in it, and the trigger smoothed out nicely after about 250 rounds. I was very impressed with the low recoil from such a light weight gun chambered in .45 ACP. It is now in my carry rotation.

Thats neat guys...So far my 9mm has worked as smooth as glass. I've lost count after 1000 rounds on how many i've put through the pipe. The 9mm shield can be converted to a 40 by changing the barrel and mag and vice versa with the 40 shield.

CZp10
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CZp10 »

Since the shield was brought up, I am hoping I can ask a quick question. Don’t have one yet, and I am trying to figure out if it would be better to buy a standard one then add upgraded sights and trigger, or go with the Performance Center ported shield that has those upgrades already? Thanks.

striker55
Posts in topic: 10

Post by striker55 »

striker55 wrote:Got one of two today, date on check is 7/28, envelope postmarked 8/08, got it today 8/11. Never showed that it shipped on Milano website. I have another coming, bought two guns,. :clapping:
According to USPS informed delivery, check number 2 coming today! :clapping:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

CZp10 wrote:Since the shield was brought up, I am hoping I can ask a quick question. Don’t have one yet, and I am trying to figure out if it would be better to buy a standard one then add upgraded sights and trigger, or go with the Performance Center ported shield that has those upgrades already? Thanks.
I have both...buy the Performance Center.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Submitted 6/22
Check Shipped 9/6
Just arived today 9/20

I had no clue mail moved that slow.... but hey, $75 in my pocket for ammo! :cool:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I've got the 45. I wasn't a huge fan of the 9mm shield when I first tried it because I didn't like the trigger or grip but my wife's cousin has a 45 shield and this past January I shot it and I knew I had to have one. So I bought mine in march and love it! It's eaten everything I have thrown at it and it's either that or my Glock 19 that I carry.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Two and a half months after submission my rebate is finally showing on the Milano website. No status other than submitted beginning of July.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Finally received my $75 rebate. So now I can officially say my last Shield 9mm purchase cost me $210.00! :anamatedbanana
`

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

carlson1 wrote:I also have the .45 without the thumb safety. It is very pleasant to shoot. Changing the sights to XS Big Dots. I am not for sure how much I will carry it, but I like having options.

I have both the 9mm and the .45. Personally, I don't see much of a recoil difference between them at all. Then again, I am not very recoil sensitive, and they are both just in the category of "very little recoil". Someone who is more sensitive to recoil may be able to feel a difference. For me, the .45 just makes sense over the 9mm. You only lose one round capacity, size is essentially the same, and recoil, to me, is the same. I will probably end up selling the 9mm at some point.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”